Android Bluetooth Sucks!

Discussion in 'Sony Smartphone General Discussion' started by xsylus, Jun 16, 2015.

1. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

Ratings:
    +57
    Current Phone Model:
    Sony Xperia Z3
    I have several devices paired with my Xperia Z3 phone and lately when I try to connect an already paired device it fails. Often it's quicker to forget the pairing and then re-pair the device upon which it connects almost immediately. Why is bluetooth technology so inept and how can this issue be remedied? I was on a call with my friend and switched on my already paired bluetooth headset. It took 5 minutes before the phone finally transferred the call to the headset. Under the bluetooth settings manager it kept showing connecting and then nothing. I had to toggle bluetooth on/off on my phone multiple times as well as turn my bluetooth headset on/off several times before it finally worked. This is unacceptable. :mad:

2. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,036
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    I'm not sure it has anything to do with Android BT Technology. It most likely has to do with your phone and the devices it's trying to connect to.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +8,406
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    I have to agree with Jeffrey on this one. I've got a bluetooth hands-free unit that plugs into my stereo in my truck. I haven't had the truck a month and I almost never used the BT unit in my old car because I had satellite radio in there. Now, I use it daily to stream Google Music. My only complaint is it kinda skips a little once in a while, but I knew that was likely based on online reviews before I bought the unit. It's not enough to drive me nuts and my phone connects with it right away, sometimes even when I don't want it to. Haha

• Like Like x 1
  4. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,348
    Try a different device to narrow down whether it's the earpiece or phone.
    How old is the earpiece? What brand and model?
    Has the earpiece been dropped or left in a hot vehicle? Perhaps gotten sweat into it?
    Now if you were saying the Bluetooth on am HTC Rezound or Note2 I'd agree that there are much better stacks implemented on other devices, from trial and error, but at this point I'd suggest start with seeing if it's the earpiece causing the sudden problem.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4

5. cr6

cr6 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,707
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @dronewolfmedia
    I've used at least a dozen different BT devices from speakers to ear pieces on my last three Galaxy S phones without a single problem.
    Hopefully you can find a simple resolution. I'd start with a new earpiece as previously suggested.
    Good luck!

S5 tap'n

6. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,348
    On my Rezound I had what the op describes they're having on certain earpieces but with the Note2 the issue was range, or lack of, across all Bluetooth devices I paired with it. Note4 , Note8, Tab, Nexus7, G2, are fine.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4

Search tags for this page
sucks bluetooth

bluetooth sucks

bluetooth sycka
phones bluetooth connection sucks
sucks buleutooth 904
why bluetooth sucks