Android Auto for the Rest of Us

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I guess I jumped the gun a bit, even though my Kenwood DDX9902S is compatible and works with USB (very well with my V20), I was under the impression that the new Ver 2.0 was going to eliminate the need to plug into USB at all and would display the Android Auto. I already had my car stereo to automatically start my Slacker Radio with BT anyway, so this does me little good, because I don't have a cradle to set my phone in while in the car.

Hopefully one day I can eliminate the USB. If I want to see Google Maps then I'll continue having to plug into USB for now.
I'm confused. When you connect via USB it uses the display in your dash? Is that right?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm confused. When you connect via USB it uses the display in your dash? Is that right?

Yes, the stereo head unit is compatible so I can use Android Auto to display on the 7 inch screen.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I tried it out the other day and it is a very good GPS unit replacement. I have yet to really test it out and I don't stream any media so while it is cool to see Google had rolled out this update, it's almost useless for me....

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It will, it's got an extremely strong magnet. Both my wife and I use it for our vehicles and we've used it with a wide variety of cases.

S5 tap'n
cr6 - I got mine last night and really liking it a lot! Thanks for the heads up on this. I got it on Amazon for about $12, and worth every penny.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Tried it today. Went to play some music...no Rocket Player for my music choice? Local player.
Sad...