1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

android audio format support- native

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by zero7404, Feb 23, 2011.

1. zero7404

zero7404 New Member

im looking at info on android's site for supported audio formats and it looks like aac is not supported past 160 kbps ... which is strange because i can play 256 kbps m4a files on my fone ....

i am looking to reencode my entire music library since its been many years since i originally encoded my audio cds into itunes. since, there are new supported bitrates with vbr. i am looking to stick with aac since i prefer it over mp3, but want to know if ill encounter any issues playing back 320 kbps constant bitrate m4a files on the device?

i have chosen 320 constant bitrate for quality of sound and least decoding needed to playback as opposed to vbr. i also have an ipod 5g that i use mostly for audio playback of my albums on a high-end car audio system, so i need some compatibility with older hardware ....

i wouldnt mind exploring encoders that can give higher bitrates, but im unsure how they will be supported on the phone and the ipod ....

anyone knowledgable with audio and android devices?

posted via android
  2. zero7404

zero7404 New Member

any ideas?

posted via android
Search tags for this page

android audio format

android audio format support

android native audio format
android native audio support format
android native audio support formats
android native music format