Android apps purchased from Amazon will work on multiple devices, use Amazon DRM

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

Android applications purchased in Amazon's app store (which may finally go live to consumers any time now) will use Amazon's special sauce of digital locker/digital rights management to help combat piracy. Amazon spells it out in its developer blog:

Customers who purchase an app will retain an entitlement to their app even if they decide to replace their current Android device and/or purchase new devices, as long as the new devices meet the installation requirements of the app. This provides insurance to customers that their purchased apps will be available for use on all supported devices, even if the customer has uninstalled or otherwise removed those apps in the past.
Continue reading @ AndroidCentral

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thats nice....Just release the store already. :\ lets just keep talkin about it and not release it....

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
If the DRM is done right, I won't mind it. I just hope it will attract more quality developers. However, in the past few months, I've seen a lot of great apps on the Market as it is. Very polished and useful. Lets hope it keeps coming.