1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Android apps and Apple Apps

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by maxohkc, Dec 16, 2010.

1. maxohkc

maxohkc New Member

Hey just wanted to make sure. Does anyone know if android apps are different than apple apps. For instance can apps for android do a lot more. I'm not talking about rooted apps. But like battery apps, messenging apps, music downloaders, task managers, does the iphone even have those? Just a question
  2. harrellj

harrellj New Member

iOS does have some of those apps, but I don't believe they can do widgets yet. Also, Apple generally doesn't allow an app into the App Market if its duplicating functionality of a native app (so only Safari for a browser). The biggest difference between the 2 app markets is that Apple moderates theirs (so there's a certain level of quality expected in the apps and there's also a general culture of most of the apps being ones that require $ to get, and no refund allowed) while the Android Market is open to anyone who is willing to create a developer account (and even those who don't, as long as an .apk is available, installation is possible), and there's still a culture of most Android apps are free, or there's a lite version or trial version available for a paid app, though that is gradually switching.

One other way of putting it is here: I Can’t Draw Feet » August 2, 2010
Search tags for this page
android apps different than apple apps
apple applications for driod
apps for apple and android forums

does an app for apple have different permissions than droid