Android Application Tasker

djh074

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question, but is the $6 charge a one time charge or is it $6 every month? Also, is it better to get it from the market or from your PC?

well, it's like 50cents cheaper through the website, but i think updates would be easier if u get it from the market.
P.S. u can try it for 14 days from website, only 24hrs through market. so i would download from website to try it out, then uninstall and get through market. just my opinion.

djh074

Reaction score
Users of Pirated Copies of Tasker Beware...

cmon boys! its like 5-6 bucks. this dev works really hard on this app. he has all but fixed the majority of my issues in the past few days. check this link if u are trying to use a cracked version. u might think otherwise.

Users of Pirated Copies of Tasker Beware... - Tasker | Google Groups

yea and I'm busy tryin to find the cracked version

As am I, but all I can find is just the trial version...

fedrich519

Reaction score
cmon boys! its like 5-6 bucks. this dev works really hard on this app. he has all but fixed the majority of my issues in the past few days. check this link if u are trying to use a cracked version. u might think otherwise.

I couldn't agree more. If any program is worth 6 bucks, its this one. This is the first and probably only program I have paid for on my Droid. I would have paid 25 bucks for it. It is worth every penny.

And read that link. Pretty scary. No thanks. Not worth it.

Quick

Reaction score

You're wasting your breath on scum. They'll steal your wallet if you leave your pocket unbuttoned.

and fredrich519, thanks for the writeup and ideas. That was outstanding.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
As a general statement - Posts like this have the potential to get threads closed and infractions/bans issued - if you are searching for bootleg versions of any paid application Keep your Posts and Actions Concerning it off of this Forum - it is not Welcome

Pay the Developers - they work hard and deserve the small price they ask in return for great service

Sent from my Droid

djrakun

Reaction score
It always surprises me that people will pay $7 for a fancy beer without thinking twice, but will spend hours of their life trying to find a pirated app rather than just pay the dev for their work. The developer is very reasonable in that he will let you have a 7 day trial if you download it from his website, and he'll even reduce the price if you buy it straight from him. You wont get that from a lot of paid apps on the market.

Speaking of the trial, I am still on mine and i have one profile i want to create before i decide if this app will do what i want to accomplish. at 6pm every night, i want to change the settings of the android email app ( not the gmail app) to increase the synchronization time of my exchange email, from 'push' to '15 minutes'. I haven't figured out how to do this yet. Anybody have some advice?

As a general statement - Posts like this have the potential to get threads closed and infractions/bans issued - if you are searching for bootleg versions of any paid application Keep your Posts and Actions Concerning it off of this Forum - it is not Welcome

Pay the Developers - they work hard and deserve the small price they ask in return for great service

Sent from my Droid

chazman880

Reaction score
I recently purchased Tasker and was wondering where can I find the best tutorial for maximizing the possibilities this app has to offer. I admit I played with it but need an explanation on some of the features and procedural processes. I am by no way a computer expert but no dummy either. I just could use an "Owners manual" for lack of a better term. Thanks for any help you guys can offer

Rockee

Reaction score
I recently purchased Tasker and was wondering where can I find the best tutorial for maximizing the possibilities this app has to offer. I admit I played with it but need an explanation on some of the features and procedural processes. I am by no way a computer expert but no dummy either. I just could use an "Owners manual" for lack of a better term. Thanks for any help you guys can offer

You can view the UserGuide within the app; Info -> UserGuide

Wiki can be found here: http://tasker.wikidot.com/profile-index

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

chazman880

Reaction score
You can view the UserGuide within the app; Info -> UserGuide

Wiki can be found here: Profiles - Tasker Wiki

Thanks for the post. I used the wiki link which was very helpful and was able to successfully program 3 task or context. With their step by step examination's it helped me get going. I still have a ways to go but I'm getting there thanks so much for your help
dancedroid

techguru

Reaction score
Just a quick hint. Locale is another similar app. It is much easier to understand, but it can't do nearly as much as Tasker. The good news is that it is extensible with plugins. The bad news is that most of the plugins are paid apps too, so you wind up spending a whole lot more for the ease of use.

Now, the really good news: Tasker can use most, if not all Locale plugins, so for the very few things that Locale can do that Tasker can't, Tasker actually can, or for complex things in Tasker, there may be a plugin to make it easier.

For instance, I change my Google Voice settings (which phones to ring, and whether I want to screen calls or not) based on my location. This could be done in Tasker with the HTTP tasks, but would be very complex. I just use the Google Voice plugin for Locale and it is a piece of cake.

I too am struggling a bit with the complexity of Tasker and am still using Locale for many things, but I am slowly migrating over as I figure things out.

Alan

Rockee

Reaction score
Thanks for the post. I used the wiki link which was very helpful and was able to successfully program 3 task or context. With their step by step examination's it helped me get going. I still have a ways to go but I'm getting there thanks so much for your help
dancedroid

You're welcome. Tasker can seem overwhelming, but it depends on how much "we" put into understanding how it works. Personally, I prefer Tasker over its competition because it feels like I am creating mini-programs.

Another great source of info and a great way to get help is over at the Tasker groups: http://groups.google.com/group/tasker

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk