Android App Review: Pie Control

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Here's a great app review video for you today! Our very own gear-head and phablet master @smalltowngirl13 decided to put the app "Pie Control" through its paces. This app basically enhances your UI by adding "pie-style" menu overlay that can pop up on the left or right side of your display.

This overlay is customizable so you can create different functions for different buttons. Check out her awesome video and offer up your perspective in the comments below!

Last edited:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I was happy to find an app outside of LMT - I haven't rooted my last couple of devices and it is great to see the function of some rooted apps can be replicated for stock devices.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Good review. Looks interesting. I've been using Notification Toggle since forever. It does pretty much the same thing but from the drop down menu. I might try this just to change things up. Thanks again for bringing this app to my attention.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Do they have a power button toggle that I am missing?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Good review. Looks interesting. I've been using Notification Toggle since forever. It does pretty much the same thing but from the drop down menu. I might try this just to change things up. Thanks again for bringing this app to my attention.

I use Notification Toggle as well in my notification panel but I use each for different apps...Pie Control has been updated to include 3 levels of apps with long click options on each so in reality I could stop using Notification Toggle but I most likely won't ;)...

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I'm going to try this on my Note Edge. They relocated the power button to the top of the phone so I would like something onscreen to use.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I use Notification Toggle as well in my notification panel but I use each for different apps...Pie Control has been updated to include 3 levels of apps with long click options on each so in reality I could stop using Notification Toggle but I most likely won't ;)...
I figured I'd give it a few days to see if I liked Pie. I don't need a few days. This app is great. It's smooth as silk on my X. For me it will replace Notification Toggle. I don't keep unused apps on my phone. I try and keep it lean, clean, & free of bloat. NT just became bloat. Thanks again for reviewing this app. Keep bringing us these great finds.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
STG...
Here's a question for you. (I figured I'd get a quicker response from you than the developer.) Does the pro version allow you to move the side bar up and down? On the free version it's anchored to the center and you can only make it taller or shorter.