Android App Review: 7 Minute Superhero Workout - from Droid Forums

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Here's another Android app review for you guys. One of the more interesting things which has been developing over the past several months here at DroidForums is that we are getting a loyal group of folks who like to discuss fitness and working out. While that may be a bit "off topic" from what we normally discuss, we appreciate anything which brings us closer together here at our Android forum.

Because of that, I decided to review a workout app I found on the Google Play Store. It's called "7 Minute Superhero Workout" and it's made by the same folks who made Zombies Run!, which is a popular running-based exercise app. This app costs $2.99 in the Play Store. Check out our quick review in the video above to see if it's worth the price!

Here's a link to the Google Play Store if the app intrigues you: 7 Minute Superhero Workout - Android Apps on Google Play

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
That sure seems like a good way to make working out fun! Great app review!

DougDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good stuff! I think we will see these types of apps getting better and better over time.

DrumsOfGrohl

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iphone 6
Thats a really smart concept!
It totally sucks that you lost your progress when it crashed, but its technology, and nothing runs perfect, I guess. I like the idea that the app motivates you to continue the story line by exercising more.
I don't think that its a big deal that the camera can be hoodwinked into thinking that you're doing the workouts when you're not. If you don't want to work out, then you bought the app for no reason. Just buy a book or video game if you want to skip the workouts.
I think I'd like to hear if someone really stuck it out and spent some weeks using the app consistently. I love hearing success stories, and I'm wondering what kind of results this app can help a person achieve.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth... I restarted it and am progressing through it again. I will see how far I get without it crashing. I figured, I spent my $3 bucks so I want to get my value out of it. Plus, it makes exercise more entertaining than it usually is. :)

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Good stuff David!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
As an exercise fanatic I can really appreciate the thought behind this exercise app. It's really hard to come up with fun ways to put work-outs together and this app--in my opinion--does it brilliantly. The work-outs are pretty intense and well thought out as well. Based on that I'd give this app an A. I'd give it an A+ if it didn't crash on you ;)

Great review Stormy!