Android App Inventor

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by dreamtheater993, Aug 24, 2010.

1. dreamtheater993

dreamtheater993 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any updates on the "create your own app" program? I signed up but haven't heard anything back. I have a great idea for an app, and would really like to try and create it.

2. quickhonda

quickhonda New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got the invite today and spent about an hour playing with it. It seems pretty simple and I was able to make some really basic things without reading any of the documentation. I cant remember when i signed up but it was as soon as I heard about it a few weeks ago.

3. Dave12308

Dave12308 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +50
    Same here. Playing with it, I don't see much hope for "writing" anything mindblowing. What I do fear is that this will lead to even more crap apps on the market. All we need are a million different renditions of "Pet the Kitty" (one of the tutorial apps)

4. quickhonda

quickhonda New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I too was afraid of a million crappy apps but then read that the appinventor apps can't be submitted to to marketplace.

5. dreamtheater993

dreamtheater993 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so if you can't put them on marketplace, can u at least put it on your own phone?

6. quickhonda

quickhonda New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You can package them up into *.apk files so you can install them on a phone. You can plug the phone in using usb and view your app in real time on the phone as you build it. When you're finished you can download it as an actual app.

Search tags for this page
app inventor kml

app inventor ssh

mit app inventor galaxy s4 error package program