Android App Highlight: Automated Device Can Automate Dozens of Functions for Free

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
automated-device-highlighted-app-feb-2014.png

The creativity of software engineers knows no bounds apparently. Our Android smartphones already do a ton of amazing things that were only dreamed about just a few years ago. Now that we have all this functionality, sometimes it would be handy if we could automate many of these features. There are several apps on the Google Play Store that can help with that, but the newest one is worth highlighting today because you can get it on the Google Play Store for free.

Enter Automated Device. This app let's you automate more than 30 tasks and features based upon a multitude of conditions, and new features are being added each day. Certainly there are other apps which do similar things, like Tasker, for example. However, Tasker costs $2.99, whereas Automated Device is currently free in the Play Store. You can give it a go without worrying about potentially wasting money if you don't like.

In fact, what sets Automated Device apart from the rest is the amazing number of customizations available from a free app. For example, with this app users can use location data so that your smartphone can decide whether you are inside or outside of a place by point and radius. It can then activate a number of actions, like turning on WiFi when you enter your work/home and/or turning on Bluetooth when you get in your car (or the reverse of both of these). This app is basically a "rules engine" with thousands of combinations of automated tasks possible, using "and-or conditions" and "if-then algorithms."

Apps like this showcase just how truly "smart" our smartphones can be. Give it a go and then let us know what you think in the thread!

Source: Google Play Store

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Curious if anyone's used this and can compare it to Llama? Seems to use location data (i.e. cell towers and/or GPS) like Llama so I'm interested to know if there's any great improvement (i.e. reason to switch).