Android alternatives to iPod Touch

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
the personal media player is FAR from dead...i would have much rather bought a Galaxy Player than my ipod touch. But then again i bought my ipod touch when i had the first blackberry Curve which wasnt exactly the best media phone out there, and the galaxy player (android) wasnt even out then lol. for people wanting a smart phone without a contract, this is about as close as you can get. love it

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I don't see how these things sell. They cost as much as a phone yet only have a few of the features a phone has.

The apple ones are aimed more at preteens. That's the commercial that's been running for a while.
I'm guessing for the kids who's parents won't buy them a smartphone (data costs) or a phone at all. And they want something like Mom's and Dad's or Big Sister's. This is kind of a compromise.

riko540

Reaction score
The problem is that you can't plug these devices into any accesories. iPods are great because they're universal. Sony and Samsung should not waste they're time on this as smart phones have made portible media players obsolete.

Couldn't have said it better my self. When I retire my HTC Incredible it will continue to serve life as a media player until it finally croaks. The only reason to buy one would be for kids.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I repeat, I wish there was a developer willing to release a media player only rom for my OG Droid.

I don't have the time to create one myself, but I would be willing to buy the developer a beer. :beer2:

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I repeat, I wish there was a developer willing to release a media player only rom for my OG Droid.

I don't have the time to create one myself, but I would be willing to buy the developer a beer. :beer2:

I don't think this is the place to request that.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I don't see how these things sell. They cost as much as a phone yet only have a few of the features a phone has.

They don't cost as much as a phone. My Inc2 cost me $0 + $720 for data on a 2 year contract. My wife's Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0 cost $180. They are both similar in speed and capacity. The cost difference will be $540. Her Galaxy Player is way better than her old Ally and even better than my old Droid if she had wanted to use those off contract. A bargain if you don't need data without wifi. She used less than 100MB of data a month on her Ally, so a waste of money. Her simple phone plus the player is a much better value.