1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Android 53% of US Q4 Smartphone sales

Discussion in 'Droid Forums Member News Depot' started by kodiak799, Feb 3, 2011.

1. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

Interesting stuff...I'm surprised at this Q4 surge, although I'm sure the VZW IPhone wait hurt sales a bit there. But it appears in large part the Symbian and BB users are flocking to Android.

Android shipped 33.3M devices in Q4, which does match-up with 300,000 activations a day. I always thought that included OS upgrades/rom flashers, but if I read that correctly it's based off of shipments (which would include device upgrades, as well).

NPD: Android soars to 53% of U.S. smartphone sales in Q4 - FierceMobileContent
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  2. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member