Android 5.1 To Be Next Version Of Android For Droid Turbo

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

On the heels of the much anticipated root method for the Droid Turbo comes some other exciting news about the next update for the same device. The root method has not been released to the public for the Droid Turbo yet, just a proof of concept. Before getting too psyched about this update you should be aware that it would probably kill all chances of seeing your phone rooted as it would likely patch whatever method has been proven for the Turbo. On the other hand root devs may wait on the update to see whether or not it is patched.

Motorola announced today that they would update the Droid Turbo directly to Android 5.1 skipping past all other versions of Lollipop. The only reason that has been stated for the jump is the fact that 5.1 includes native support for for VoLTE HD voice. Advanced Calling 1.0 has already been included with the Turbo which means it already has VoLTE support, however native support takes away any bugs that are in AC1.0. This is pretty exciting news, but I would personally wait to see if the 5.1 build is rootable prior to updating. There has been no release date announced so this could still take a while.

via LucianoCarvalho+

realged13

Reaction score
They are definitely taking their own sweet time with this. At least they are wanting to get it right. But with Verizon, it might be the end of the year till we see this.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I may end up with my next phone by the time this happens.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You guys are absolutely right Verizon takes way too long to update stuff. They have to inject their bloatware.

nelburg

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X Pure Edition
Twitter
@nelburg1
Yeah new phones come out before they update the ones we have.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
You make money selling phones, not offering free updates. Looking at you, HTC.

True, but you also lose customers that way. Get a reputation for not updating your phone, or promising updates and never delivering, causes people to try other brands the next time.

Looking at you, HTC. Still waiting on ICS for my Dinc2 you promised...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea, that's supposedly been patched by Google already with no increase in the version number.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Still has the WiFi issue too. Would like to see that fixed.