Android 5.1.1 Factory Images Almost Ready For Nexus Devices!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Android 5.1.1 is the latest version of Android. Traces of this version of Android started to show up on Google's site last week, but we were unsure of when or if this version would show up for Nexus devices. Today Google began to publish the factory images. This version is now available for the Google Nexus Player, but that is the only device that is ready for the update now. Google has not given us a list of changes for the new update, but I would imagine we can expect even more bug fixes and maybe some more UI improvements. If you have the Nexus player head to the link below for the download.

via Google

Reactions: CJM

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am glad they are pumping out the updates and fixing issues. But part of me wishes they would hold off a little bit and put out a complete fix vs the constant updates that seem to address issues little by little. With that said, both my nexus 5 and nexus 6 will be at the ready.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am glad they are pumping out the updates and fixing issues. But part of me wishes they would hold off a little bit and put out a complete fix vs the constant updates that seem to address issues little by little. With that said, both my nexus 5 and nexus 6 will be at the ready.

it seems like they are adopting the CM release method (ie nightlies)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
it seems like they are adopting the CM release method (ie nightlies)

Sad but true. Not saying google need to adopt the Samsung model of once or twice a year, but I think we as android fans can live with updates once a quarter vs once every other month.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I like the small updates...it's a Nexus we need to test things y'all.. Most custom ROMS have already incorporated the update..

Tapped by NexusSix

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I like the small updates...it's a Nexus we need to test things y'all.. Most custom ROMS have already incorporated the update..

Tapped by NexusSix
Times change for me. When I had the time I was looking for the latest to flash so it felt like a gift. Now that I find my schedule full I now see updates as a chore. It's not that I do not like it, it's that I find myself wondering when I'll get it updated. I try and flash the factory image as soon as it is released.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Just get that custom ROM flashed

uploadfromtaptalk1429741642013.png

Tapped by NexusSix