Android 4.4 KitKat Rolling Out Today to Verizon Droid MAXX, Ultra & MIni

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
vzw-droid-ultra-series-kitkat-update-tweet.png

Verizon will be pushing out the Android 4.4 KitKat update to owners of the Droid MAXX, the Droid Ultra and the Droid Mini today. It looks like the soak test which occurred a couple of days ago went well, and they decided to roll out the update. Big Red just Tweeted this info earlier this morning, and even posted support docs detailing what to expect in this update. You can check those out here: Software Update: DROID ULTRA by MOTOROLA and DROID MAXX by MOTOROLA | Verizon Wireless

Let us know in the thread when you start getting your update so other Ultra series owners can be green with envy until they get theirs.

Update: There seems to be some confusion caused by Verizon on this subject. On the one hand, folks haven't even received the soak test yet. It's odd that Verizon would Tweet that the update is already rolling out before even pushing out the soak test. Perhaps the first phase of the rollout they refer to in the Tweet will include the soak testers, and then the rest of the phases will be pushed out after that. Of course, that's just speculation at this point, so we will see how it goes. Sound off if you get the update so we can solve this mystery.

Source: Twitter

Last edited:

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, look how long it took for the Galaxy Nexus to get a Jellybean 4.2.2 OTA . Moto Droid users rejoice!!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I guess there's something to be said for Google now owning Motorola? It's about time we really do get to reign in the number one position from more perspectives!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
So pumped. Still no download in the settings. Alas I wait.

matt_man

Reaction score
Still waiting although the only reason I'm excited for this update is Emoji support, or else I probably wouldn't update my phone.

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Lol true we already have ok google.

Vendon

Reaction score
Wow new version is a new experience,new feeling..................................................................

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Anyone in here with the Mini having issues? I've read a lot today about the OTA bricking the phone.

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
That would suck. Still no sign of the update on my max xt1080

matt_man

Reaction score
That would suck. Still no sign of the update on my max xt1080

Same here. I'm assuming Verizon saying that they're releasing the update in phases; that this could take a bit haha :p

llsee

Reaction score
WARNING**** The 4.4 update bricked my Mini. The Verizon rep said that they have seen "a lot" of that. A replacement Mini is on the way. The problem seems to effect the Droid Mini / Maxx / Uktra. Be warned!