Android 4.4 KitKat Incoming for the Nexus 7 v1, v2 and Nexus 10

Discussion in 'Android News' started by Garemlin, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

[​IMG]

According to the official Android Twitter feed Android 4.4 Kitkat should be rolling out today for the first and second generation nexus 7 as well as the Nexus 10. Time to get a taste of that chocolate goodness on your Nexus tablet. Also included in the update is the Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 with mobile data.

[​IMG]

Drop by our Google Nexus forum and discuss your thoughts on the latest version of Android. Google Nexus Forum
    1 person likes this.
  2. BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire New Member

I have a Nexus 7 2013. We were all pounding our updates yesterday to no avail, even at midnight last night. This morning, same thing - still says device up to date. Patience is a virtue my momma always said. Guess I still have yet to learn it. lol.
  3. johnomaz

johnomaz Well-Known Member

It is flashing as I type this.

KRT16O (KitKat 4.4) discussion/resources thread - xda-developers

I didn't want to wait for it to roll out to my device.

----------

So far so good. I turned on the ART runtime on my 2013 N7 and the only app so far to crash is Titanium Backup, but that may be from the update itself and not the runtime. Can't wait to dig in and find all the little goodies.
  4. SquireSCA

SquireSCA Well-Known Member

I installed it on my 2012 Nexus 7. So far, not impressed. Transparent nav bar and status bar is the only thing I can see different. It isn't really faster, looks the same, not much new here. Long wait with not much payoff. LOL
  5. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I am 99% sure I'm getting a Nexus 7 for my wife for Christmas. Does anyone know if there's any pre-announced Black Friday or Cyber Monday deals announced yet?
  6. xsylus

xsylus Active Member

Does the KitKat OS support multi-core processing natively? It wouldn't make sense to get a quad-core phone if you only gain use of all the cores when playing certain games. One issue I've experienced with any version of Android is lag. This is especially true when more apps are downloaded because the apps consume resources and in some cases are always running in the background bogging down the device. If KitKat has better app management than previous versions of Android that would be helpful in reducing bog down and lag, but having an OS that toggles between 1-core while idle or doing simple tasks and 2 or 4 cores when doing more with the phone could really help reduce lag in the OS.
Search tags for this page

first generation nexus 7 kit kat

how to know if nexus 7 v1 or v2
kit kat on nexus 4 ga

kitkat

kitkat on 1st gen nexus 7
lg g2 android 4.4
nexus 7 v1 v nexus 7 v2
nexus 7 v2 4.4
v2 kit kat
what's new on kit kat for nexus 7 1st gen
whats new with kitkat on nexus 7 1st gen?
when nexus7 kitkat atlanta ga