android 4.2camera with cm10?

kchung1980

Reaction score
I am loving the 4.2 camera however it keeps crashing then saying "can't connect to camera". I have to reboot every time just to find myself having to do the same thing.

I am currently using cm10 nightlies and I hear that the 4.2camera doesn't function as well on this rom but I'm not wanting to change from cm10....

Any suggestions?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Really all you could do is run a logcat and get it to the developer of the ROM you are on.... Chances are they are aware of the issue but some times it is hard to diagnose without seeing exactly what is crashing.... I would guess it is a framework issue..... Not really a whole lot that can be done.... Does it seem to happen randomly or is there a certain feature of the camera that causes it?

OP
K

kchung1980

Reaction score
Just randomly when I open it. So annoying. I have now taken it off and using the stock 4.1.2 camera. Probably just have to wait until they fix the bugs...

tsinat.geresus

Reaction score
How did you even get the 4.2 framware? Been looking for that everwhere. Im only on 4.0.4. I have rooted it and its under telus/canadian. Is there way I can install 4.2 ROM? Where can I get it.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
How did you even get the 4.2 framware? Been looking for that everwhere. Im only on 4.0.4. I have rooted it and its under telus/canadian. Is there way I can install 4.2 ROM? Where can I get it.

There are a couple of AOSP roms that are using just the 4.2 camera.... Although someone did put out a ROM for the VZW S3 that is 4.2 but is very buggy.... You can also do a google search. There is probably still a link floating around somewhere with the flashable 4.2 camera that worked with TW..... Google made all the big sites take the link down but I am sure there is a Dropbox link to it somewhere...