android 4.2.2 external mnt

zreggiv

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
acer iconia b1 7200
Hi i have a acer iconia b1 7200, it only comes with 8gb internal storage. which is not alot at all. Id like to make it so it mounts the external sd card as the internal storage and the internal storage mounted as the external sd.

Looking at the command console language this should be possible by swapping the default /mnt addresses around.

Is there anyway to accomplish this through ubuntu terminal - I can view and edit all the files. It is rooted aswell.

I figured if i do a clean factory reset, root it and install the usual supersu and busybox tools.
Then copy over everything from the internal sd, to the external sd.

All thats left is to swap the mount emulation address around. Doing that is the problem though as i am quiet new to this and alot of what ive learnt is just self taught.

Is this possible?

Thanks

hackercore

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X
It is possible with a little tweaking but this is way to dangerous for a non-developer to attempt.

OP
Z

zreggiv

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
acer iconia b1 7200
in what way to dangerous, how would i even go about doing it. as in opening and editing files with /mnt pathnames and such

P

promo87

Nope I am not going to recommend in going forward with this tweaking because what you usually going to deal is with the developer files and I would say if you don't remain alerted I am sure its going to to permanently damage the store ! :(

OP
Z

zreggiv

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
acer iconia b1 7200
i had a long look on the net and came across this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2240029

These guys are doin exactly what i want it to do. however i believe the b1-720 has different emulation from the models before it. The toolkit works to root but when swapping sd mounts, it says complete yet my storage stays the same and still uses up the internal space. Same with all mount swap apps for 4.2.2

There was another app i bought yesterday called ROM toolbox pro - Very good app, the sd card mount swap has a different error when swapped. It comes up with "not enough storage" So i take it this one could be either set properly and because the sd is fat32 and not fuse it wont install. Or the mount has totally pointed to a non - existant directory.

Am i right thinkin fuse is a partition type?
And if so can i format the external sd and try again. Thanks

OP
Z

zreggiv

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
acer iconia b1 7200
being as the storage is actually emulated. i would of thought this process would be easy. obviousely the external sd will have slower read/write rate.

its just that 5gb internal storage on this 1gb ram dual core 1.3ghz tablet, is very poor - internal storage should be 8gb but after just basic android install with bloatware and non important apps removed. It leaves me with under 5gb internal storage. Very good tablet, cheap too for what it is. Just the memory kills it.