Android 4.1

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by rygaul44, Jun 27, 2012.

1. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +754
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    Why? Jelly Bean was just officially announced yesterday, and of course it will come to Google's flagship device. The Nexus devices are always the first phones to get new updates. And since it literally just was announced, the various handset manufacturers (including Motorola) probably don't have everything in place yet to get started on a Jelly Bean update. Not to mention the fact that most of them (including Motorola) are still working on getting ICS out to their devices.

It's way too early to honestly be upset about the lack of an announcement for Jelly Bean on the RAZR. :)

2. mustangdroid

mustangdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    At least they can throw us a bone and say the RAZR will get jellybean in the future. And I got the RAZR because in my opinion its the best phone out there.

3. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +48
    I never put down the Razr. You said you were upset they hadn't announced JellyBean for the Razr. That's why you get a Nexus because its guaranteed to get the next OS fairly quickly. The Razr is a great device, just not if you expect the next OS quickly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

4. mfloyd

mfloyd New Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I had the nexus for six months. Got the phone the day after release. The ability to change everything on it was amazing. But after a while I got tired of flashing something every other day. Then I only flashed once a month. I finally got tired of reception issues and talked Verizon into swapping the wife's and mine out for the razr. Did it bother me that I was going back to gb not really i just got the holo ics launcher. Frankly I could care less if jellybean makes it to the razr. Some development will come out with a jellybean rom to satisfy that need. Sometimes we need to be satisfied with what we have. Ics on the razr is nice and jellybean doesn't look all that different to me but hen again I'm content with having ics for a while

5. mokes

mokes Member

Ratings:
    +1
    You would think that these new OS's were actually giving you some amazing new talent that only a lucky few could have on their phones.

Disable bloatware. Yay.

Facial recognition. O....m.....g.

Ummm.....new icons!

Ummmm....there's a ton more....I need a minute.

Just let my phone work consistently. Give me fast and reliable internet and cell service and I will glady get raped monthly by Verizon and their hacky CS reps.

#17 mokes, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  6. IanG

IanG Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Wait, what? You do realize that 2.3>4.0 is a MUCH bigger upgrade than 4.0>4.1. The Droid Razr will see 4.1 without a doubt.

7. anthony_rada

anthony_rada Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys my fiance owns the RAZR and she just showed me her phone telling me that she got an update on her phone. I was lime "WTH why are you just telling me this" lol but were in Arizona I still haven't got my update!!! :(

8. rjenk

rjenk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe for other carriers, but Nexus on V has been anything but fairly quickly...look how long it took for 4.0.4. There is no telling how long an official release of 4.1 for any current V phone will take based on their past results. Not bashing on Nexus, just V overall...former Nexus owner here.

9. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +48
    No you're right. If you wait *officially* for it, then you still wait for awhile. Stupid CDMA patents. Just the excellent Dev support that will keep me on a Nexus for life. Like I said, the Razr is a great device in its own right. Moto's radios are second to none.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

10. WarHawks

WarHawks New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You know, the reason I got the RAZR is because ICS was promised a month later. I should've just gotten the Nexus if I knew instead of waiting a month I would be waiting seven.

That said, if we do see Jelly Bean, it will be under Google (since Google acquired Motorola almost a year ago) not Motorola. I doubt that though.

Now I'm just banking that I will see 4.1 because of the flagship title...

11. bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I am very confident that the RAZR will see JB in the future. I'm also very happy to have ICS on my RAZR. The unification is amazing. However Jelly Beans is another league in terms of fluidity. Is it a deal breaker no. Enjoy ics we waited this long.

12. wdprice3

wdprice3 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I think it depends on how much of an upgrade JB is compared to ICS (to be honest, I haven't looked at JB since ICS is just now being pushed). It also depends on the available devices at the time, e.g. if there is/are new devices which could become flagship devices.

Search tags for this page

droid razr 4.1.2 motoshop2

palm pixi plus android

r1 motorola razr android 4.1 499,00