Android 4.1

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by rygaul44, Jun 27, 2012.

1. rygaul44

rygaul44 New Member

What are the chances of JellyBean?
  2. Bang Pow Boom

Bang Pow Boom New Member

I doubt I'll see it before my next phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums
  3. nkfry

nkfry New Member

Seriously... :angry:
  4. jrpbulk

jrpbulk New Member

I just pre-ordered the Nexus 7 and it has Jelly Bean
  5. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

Honestly, I'm surprised it took this long after the official unveiling of Jelly Bean for someone to post a thread about the chances of it coming to RAZR/MAXX.
  6. Eclipse7

Eclipse7 New Member

Droid Razr will never see jelly bean. It took this long for ICS, it's just not possible. Only the developers will be able to get it on the razr and that's me being optimistic. Made a bad decision when I bought this phone. Between Motorola and Verizon, I don't know which one is worse.
  7. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Idk.. the x saw froyo and gb... so there's a small glimmer of hope.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
  8. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

Not possible? Of course it's possible. In fact, since Motorola now has a fair amount of experience working with ICS for the RAZR/MAXX, and since Jelly Bean isn't a major overhaul, it actually shouldn't take them all that long to get an update ready. So it certainly can be done, and could be done in a much shorter amount of time. The real question is whether or not they'll even bother worrying with it or if they'll devote the focus to upcoming phones.

And why do you say you made a bad decision in buying this phone? It can't be because of the ICS update. How many other carrier branded phones out there (and being carrier branded is an important difference as opposed to unlocked, international versions of phones that have no carrier interference between the manufacturer and an update being released), that were released with Gingerbread, have received ICS? The answer is not very many. In fact, the answer is barely any at all. I'm not defending the length of time that Motorola has taken with the ICS update, but it's at the very least on par with all of the other major phone manufacturers out there.
  9. KayIslandDrunk

KayIslandDrunk New Member

I was wondering about this as well. All my other android phones have received two updates before being abandoned by the manufacturer. However, seeing how old these devices are right now (nine months as of next week) and how long it took them to get ICS I can only assume Motorola and Verizon will move on to newer phones.

I just hope we get some 4.1 love from the dev crowd.
  10. leftspin

leftspin Active Member

I'm pretty confident we'll get Jelly Bean, the Razr is part of the flagship family of Droid phones from Moto/Verizon right now and I don't see any reason that would change in the near future.
  11. mustangdroid

mustangdroid New Member

Motorola should update it. Like it was said before 4.1 is not a major update si I don't see why not. What pisses me off is that the nexus is getting it and no word of the RAZR.
  12. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Well-Known Member

No offense, but that's why you get a Nexus...you don't have to wait for the manufacturers. The Razr is just now getting ICS. Why would they mention jellybean yet?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  13. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

Why? Jelly Bean was just officially announced yesterday, and of course it will come to Google's flagship device. The Nexus devices are always the first phones to get new updates. And since it literally just was announced, the various handset manufacturers (including Motorola) probably don't have everything in place yet to get started on a Jelly Bean update. Not to mention the fact that most of them (including Motorola) are still working on getting ICS out to their devices.

It's way too early to honestly be upset about the lack of an announcement for Jelly Bean on the RAZR. :)
  14. mustangdroid

mustangdroid New Member

At least they can throw us a bone and say the RAZR will get jellybean in the future. And I got the RAZR because in my opinion its the best phone out there.
  15. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Well-Known Member

I never put down the Razr. You said you were upset they hadn't announced JellyBean for the Razr. That's why you get a Nexus because its guaranteed to get the next OS fairly quickly. The Razr is a great device, just not if you expect the next OS quickly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Search tags for this page

droid razr 4.1.2 motoshop2

palm pixi plus android

r1 motorola razr android 4.1 499,00