Android 4.0 release?

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Grab systempanel in the market if you wanna see both of your cores working... core 1 deals with everything... core 2 only responds on user input... like when you swipe the screen up and down you can see the second core fire up and then go back to idle after you're done... kinda cool but yeah... that second core could be doing a lot more to help with the load

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
You know what? I was just thinking the same thing. When exactly is this update? Ive been bored out of my mind with what to do with my phone and was thinking about how neat it would be to finally get this update to tinker with. There has been zero news topics on this subject this year about the bionic getting the update. :mad: i mean, does anyone even talk about it? Lol

Thanks to motorola I am willing to bet between march and july.

Swyped from my Nexus.

CurGeorge8

Reaction score
Thanks to motorola I am willing to bet between march and july.
I'll echo this prediction as well. If it comes earlier, I will be pleasantly surprised. However, based on Moto's previous upgrade history, I'd speculate their target release for ICS is in March, but it will end up closer to June or July after all the testing, etc etc etc.

I'm also speculating that the Droid Razor will be the first to see ICS, not our Bionic's. :p

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
When did Gingerbread come to droid x? Wasn't it like 4 or 5 months after release from Google? I am gonna say March.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

azdrifter

Reaction score
I'm willing to say that the update will be around May or June, If it comes sooner i will gladly remove my foot from my mouth :icon_ lala:

don_droid

Reaction score
Did the zoom use mono blur!
We see zoom is getting ICS now..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Xoom is a GED, so, no motoblur or other nonsense. :)

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
They may have. Don't forget the RAZR is a popular phone. :icon_ devil: About the only saving grace on that is that the hardware is very similar to the Bionic. OMAP and all that. So hopefully they can share quite a bit of base code and probably motoblur. But I still think we're another 3 or 4 months MINIMUM before we see an official ICS build for the Bionic. If I had to speculate, I'd say later rather than sooner. Look at 901....that's not even out yet. :( VZW isn't fast at signing off on these things. Grrrr.