Android 4.0.4

WookieClaws

Reaction score
Google may be the one pushing the updates, but since VZW has a couple apps installed I would think they have some hand in blessing it. Maybe this is why 4.0.4 is coming out to the GSM version and we keep hearing about 4.0.5. Mind you this is after the split between GSM and CDMA paths so 2 'current' versions of the OS would make sense.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Google may be the one pushing the updates, but since VZW has a couple apps installed I would think they have some hand in blessing it. Maybe this is why 4.0.4 is coming out to the GSM version and we keep hearing about 4.0.5. Mind you this is after the split between GSM and CDMA paths so 2 'current' versions of the OS would make sense.
Verizon also has to provide the cdma/lte support to the official google updates

combatmedic870

Reaction score

fragmentation among the same device you say??? Thats so crazy it just may be true!!!:crazy::gotmyvote:

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I guess the question is (and one I don't currently know the answer to) is whether or not the AOSP 4.0.4 builds being built now are including the latest CDMA/LTE propriety files pulled from the leak, or if they are using the 4.0.3 proprietaries. I need to dig through someone's github and find out, which I will be doing right after I post this.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
I guess the question is whether or not the AOSP 4.0.4 builds being built now are including the latest CDMA/LTE propriety files pulled from the leak, or if they are using the 4.0.3 proprietaries. I need to dig through someone's github and find out, which I will be doing right after I post this.

Edit: OK I'm back. It seems the proprietaries from the leaked 4.0.4 are being used...good.