Android 4.0.4

movieman999

Reaction score
Engadget Article: http://tinyurl.com/btqo7w9

Are Verizon users screwed? This is certainly unfortunate, we can only hope the big dog Google will stand by their loyal Nexus users and get us some updates (4.0.4 at least would be great...).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well there are talks of 4.0.5 dropping in April.

Spydaz

Reaction score
Spoke to a close friend who is a tech for VZW and a major update it incoming for April. This update was originally destined for march but was pulled after soak.

I myself have the 4.0.4 update on my nexus and its NIGHT AND DAY. In other words this update will make your nexus everything it should have been on release.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Spoke to a close friend who is a tech for VZW and a major update it incoming for April. This update was originally destined for march but was pulled after soak.

I myself have the 4.0.4 update on my nexus and its NIGHT AND DAY. In other words this update will make your nexus everything it should have been on release.

an official 4.0.4 update or got it through manually updating it? I haven't been keeping up with it, as I have no complaints with my phone, but since you have it maybe you can enlighten me:)

Latest I heard was 4.0.5 coming in April

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think we're screwed. I think we all were pretty sure Verizon was going to create a slight barrier for us between Google and updates, lets just hope they only delay our updates by a few weeks and not a few months.

Spydaz

Reaction score
Manual update from XDA. Its a real release just not official (leak).

I believe that 4.0.5 is going to be what we get on our VZW Nexuses.

Remember when you would get a leak for a VZW blackberry OS update. It was like 3.0.500 and then a week later it was official at 3.0.600. I guess same applies here.

Reaction score
that's the 4.0.4 update for GSM owners. how are you equating that to us LTE owners being screwed? :blink:

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score

Preach Brother!!!!!Now wheres the offering plate? DancingNexus

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Dont you all remember...the LTE version is no longer being supported by Google. Only the GSM version is.

:popcorn::popcorn:

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Yes it is... They just aren't releasing the verizon specific stuff in it for lte to the a aosp... Or something like that, its still supported though

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo its not.......They just say these things to not piss us off.....Thats all. :icon_evil:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel