Android 3.0

jbernard703

Reaction score
Lucky for me i bought the Droid with a 1 year plan so when the Droid 2 running ?.? is released i will be in line to pick it up. As much as i love my Droid and 2.01 we all know every year or so the next phone running the next OS will be even more lovely.

How did you get a 1 yr plan ?? What was the cost of the droid?

Me, i paid $600 cause i didnt want to be under contract, lolz, def regretting if i could have done a 1yr contract

I was going to pay the ETF and get a new line because i was not yet eligible for the upgrade to Droid. The lady at the verizon store was nice and told me i could pay for the one year price, upgrade and keep my number. It ended up costing me about 350 but i got the 100 rebate so all in all about 250.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lucky for me i bought the Droid with a 1 year plan so when the Droid 2 running ?.? is released i will be in line to pick it up. As much as i love my Droid and 2.01 we all know every year or so the next phone running the next OS will be even more lovely.

Me, i paid $600 cause i didnt want to be under contract, lolz, def regretting if i could have done a 1yr contract

I was going to pay the ETF and get a new line because i was not yet eligible for the upgrade to Droid. The lady at the verizon store was nice and told me i could pay for the one year price, upgrade and keep my number. It ended up costing me about 350 but i got the 100 rebate so all in all about 250.
Nice...now do what I did, or depending on what phone you had prior to getting your new Droid. I sold my BB Storm on eBay in November and got $185 for it. So, since mine was $299 minus the $100 rebate, I basically got a free Droid. Just something to consider.

iPirate

Reaction score
Maybe the reason we have not gotten the 2.1 update yet is because their really gonna give us 3.0!!!!!!!!!

DEPENDING, on what 3.0 contains, it might not be compatible with the Droid...Maybe Droid 2 but not the original Droid :motdroidvert:

The original Droid is just about un-compatible with Android 2.1

Why would processor speed make something "un-compatable"?

GodDriven

Reaction score
HTC Supersonic???

3.0 will be named "Gelatin" (jello) :)
I guess we Android users always have to be stuck in a pickle. I have the Nexus One and the Droid running all the 2.1 apk's instead of root. Now we jump to 3.0??? Really, what else is our phones guna do, run towards the wall and pull a matrix backflip ended with the oh so enticing "Droid". LOL....

DROIDMASTER

Reaction score

Nice...now do what I did, or depending on what phone you had prior to getting your new Droid. I sold my BB Storm on eBay in November and got $185 for it. So, since mine was $299 minus the $100 rebate, I basically got a free Droid. Just something to consider.

Sold my dare for $175 got droid for $200 good deal!!!

The 3.0 is fake.

cdaiscool

Reaction score
And to contribute my part to this article - 2.1 is still Eclaire, it's just a big maintenance update I think. Froyo is what is coming out AFTER 2.1 - which will probably premier on a different device before it comes out to an existing device.

My 2 pennies state that this is probably their way of keeping people interested. They'll update a new phone with the latest and greatest, and 2 months later everyone will be caught up again. New phone, new OS, 2 months later on-par. Except, of course, for the faster CPU/GPU, or new functionalities, or other hardware differences.

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
And to contribute my part to this article - 2.1 is still Eclaire, it's just a big maintenance update I think. Froyo is what is coming out AFTER 2.1 - which will probably premier on a different device before it comes out to an existing device.

My 2 pennies state that this is probably their way of keeping people interested. They'll update a new phone with the latest and greatest, and 2 months later everyone will be caught up again. New phone, new OS, 2 months later on-par. Except, of course, for the faster CPU/GPU, or new functionalities, or other hardware differences.

Yep, just like how the Droid got Google Navigation turn-by-turn directions exclusively, then later on everyone could get it from the market.

I remember seeing an update notification and comments like "omg it gives turn by turn directions" and I was thinking "Hmm...my phone has been doing this since I bought it, nothing new...".

It's just marketing to entice people to buy the newest device. Impatient users will jump and buy it.

GodDriven

Reaction score
HTC Supersonic???

You Know, I have been using the Nexus One for about 2 weeks. FIRST OFF IF IT WASN'T FOR cyanogen & Modaco I WOULD HAVE RETURNED THIS RIGHT BACK TO GOOGLE IN A HEART BEAT. The Makin Bacon Kernel Is STUPID Fast and the Custom Rom from Modaco is Dumb Fast too. Set some SetCpu rules in play and viola, Now We have a Nexus One. Not Under-clocked to 674 and whack kernel of 2.1.

So I hope this Htc Supersonic is something of a God Sent Child, something where Google visited the Oracle, cause honestly, i Have Two Droid's, Wife and me plus the Nexus One... All of it is the same thing, But, do not get me twisted, Android will by far, Forever be the leading edge not just in Mobility, But, Human Interaction with the most Intimate thing a human needs, something that does (Droid Does More Than Nexus) everything and makes us even more lazier..... LOL....

dverplank

Reaction score
In regards to the Nexus One and Droid specs, a lot of people look at the processor and go "oo its 1Ghz compared to the Droids 550Mhz" but they forget like Miami said about the dedicated GPU the Droid has. As far as 3D graphics are concerned, the Droid should perform as well if not faster than the Nexus One because of its dedicated GPU. The Nexus One really only has an advantage in running apps or 2D performance.

The reality is, if Android 2.1 is optimized to work on the Droid and use its GPU for some of the new graphical effects such as live wallpapers, the new launcher, etc... then 2.1 will probably run faster on the Droid than on the Nexus One. Where the Nexus One should beat the Droid in performance is things such as launching applications.

Also remember the Droids GPU supports OpenGL 2.0 hardware acceleration which will mean great things for Android games.

As for if the 3.0 screenshot is real or not, it doesnt matter. I'm sure Google has branched the Android Source already for either 2.2 or 2.5 or whatever release is next and might even have a 3.0 branch. There is also a very good chance Google has an internal roadmap for what the next few releases will contain.

Correct. The Droid is built with great hardware.

The Droid is the begining of VERY a great relationship with Moto and Google. Apple and Microsoft are scared ****less. The Iphone with Bing???? The Doid is amazing quality. Take a close look at any HTC hardware.

djstar2k2

Reaction score
really google makes jumps in the os numbers my G1 saw this like 1.3 then 1.5 so no telling lets watch the circus lol