Android 3.0

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by mth04, Jan 23, 2010.

1. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Maybe the reason we have not gotten the 2.1 update yet is because their really gonna give us 3.0!!!!!!!!!

2. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ermm...hmmm...I don't even have 2.1 yet. This smells fishy.

3. luisdroid

luisdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    wow, what an interesting find...and on the eighth day! haha. well, i guess i'll be ok with just 2.1 for now... but can't wait to see what the new versions have to offer!:icon_ banana:

4. dverplank

dverplank Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking for an update, call it what you will 2.1, 2.5, 3.0, or 7........We need an update. I actually don't want an update every month (I can't handle the anxiety) maybe just a patch :). BUT...VZW or Google needs to send a "F"ing update. The gallery sucks, the browser is SLOW. I love this phone and it has phenomenal potential but we need an update!!! I have rooted, and done sholes but its not the same. Gallery does not run as well as if built into ROM.

We need a thread that is dedicated to ideas for the Android operating system. Things like menu bounce back and ways to make things run smoother. This needs to be the iphone killer!!!!

5. andrewcweaver

andrewcweaver New Member

Ratings:
    +0

DEPENDING, on what 3.0 contains, it might not be compatible with the Droid...Maybe Droid 2 but not the original Droid :motdroidvert:

The original Droid is just about un-compatible with Android 2.1

6. andrewcweaver

andrewcweaver New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Look at the specs on the Nexus One and Android 2.1

then look at the specs on the Droid

Big difference. Especially the processor

#42 andrewcweaver, Jan 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2010
  7. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,671
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    That may be true, but 2.1 can be optimized for Droid. 2.1 is very compatible with the Droid since the ROM works on it fairly well. We're just waiting for Moto to optimize it for our hardware.

8. mth04

mth04 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes but the N1 shares graphics duty and processing duty on only a single core I believe.. The Droid has both a CPu and GPU. Making 2.1 cake for the Droid.

Now I am not a programmer but I would bet if 3.0 were available right now. someone smarter than me would port it to the Droid with no problems

9. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    Its not uncommon for developers to be several builds ahead by the time the general public gets any info it exists. Look how fast tech advances/changes... it would only make sense for development to reflect that speed. Also, it's not unheard of for companies to change versions/labels with internal builds.

10. dpw2atox

dpw2atox Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In regards to the Nexus One and Droid specs, a lot of people look at the processor and go "oo its 1Ghz compared to the Droids 550Mhz" but they forget like Miami said about the dedicated GPU the Droid has. As far as 3D graphics are concerned, the Droid should perform as well if not faster than the Nexus One because of its dedicated GPU. The Nexus One really only has an advantage in running apps or 2D performance.

The reality is, if Android 2.1 is optimized to work on the Droid and use its GPU for some of the new graphical effects such as live wallpapers, the new launcher, etc... then 2.1 will probably run faster on the Droid than on the Nexus One. Where the Nexus One should beat the Droid in performance is things such as launching applications.

Also remember the Droids GPU supports OpenGL 2.0 hardware acceleration which will mean great things for Android games.

As for if the 3.0 screenshot is real or not, it doesnt matter. I'm sure Google has branched the Android Source already for either 2.2 or 2.5 or whatever release is next and might even have a 3.0 branch. There is also a very good chance Google has an internal roadmap for what the next few releases will contain.

11. mth04

mth04 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0

Correct. The Droid is built with great hardware.

12. jbernard703

jbernard703 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lucky for me i bought the Droid with a 1 year plan so when the Droid 2 running ?.? is released i will be in line to pick it up. As much as i love my Droid and 2.01 we all know every year or so the next phone running the next OS will be even more lovely.

Search tags for this page

android 17770

can i get android 3.0 for droid incredible 2

jesus live wallpaper android