1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Android 3.0 SDK to be released next week.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by GeneralAmerica, Oct 14, 2010.

1. GeneralAmerica

GeneralAmerica New Member

This may be old news but I thought I'd throw it out there anyways. From what I've read the Android 3.0 honeycomb SDK is supposedly to be released next week. I'm not really a developer of Android applications as of right now but it still seemed note worthy.
  2. CoolBreeze

CoolBreeze New Member

This is awesome news and it looks like it's going to really bring some nice features. On the down side it's bad for all the users of older phones like the Droid 1 as they won't be able to take advantage of it, unless Google releases another 2.x branch with a few of the 3.x features. I love Android and the progress it's making, but at the same time it's moving a little to quickly. I mean my Droid 1 is already pretty much obsolete and it hasn't been out for 1 full year yet.
  3. forkup

forkup New Member

I've be willing to bet rooted users will have 3.0 on the d1.
  4. BachinPhx

BachinPhx New Member

The phone companies plan on obsolesence within 9 months on any device. It keeps them selling the masses more phones. BASTARDS!!! :):):)
  5. Darkseider

Darkseider New Member

How's this? When the AOSP drops rooted D1 users will have a custom ROM built on Gingerbread up and running, well I might add, before any Gingerbread devices OR Gingerbread updates are released.
  6. bL33d

bL33d New Member

Hmm but if motorola are not working on it for droid 1 it will most likely be broken in many areas like 2.1 of old that had so many bugs until motorola started pushing out leaks.

Hope im wrong as devs now have been at it longer and hopefully can get it going. My phone at 1ghz with lfy 1.71 b!tch slaps the new phones on display :p
  7. Quicksilver7714

Quicksilver7714 Super Moderator Premium Member

Agreed. Was about to state the same.

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.
  8. Mattjames

Mattjames Banned

Android 3.0 SDK is going release this week

You may have already heard about Android version 3, code named Android 3.0 Gingerbread (the version and code name is still subject to change). The new OS is supposed to be released by the end of 2010, but the Software Development Kit for developers will come out as soon as next week.

Well it's good news for every Android fans. dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

:greendroid: Android 3.0 SDK is going release this week :greendroid:

Publish under Admin Guidelines.
  9. frankieg22x

frankieg22x New Member

here we go again...
  10. Droid_3.0

Droid_3.0 New Member

let the madness begin!!
  11. Droid_3.0

Droid_3.0 New Member

as long as they make it for the nexus one then were fine
  12. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Threads merged.
  13. slacker0503

slacker0503 New Member

I just wanted to throw out there that right before the SDK for Gingerbread comes out we're already looking ahead to Ice Cream now! Lol I want to find out exactly what Gingerbread is before I dream of some ice cream

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  14. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. And bL33d brings up an excellent point, the D1 will never EVER intentionally get 3.0 and when it's ported it's going to be buggy, and a port is the only option...but we do have one trick up our sleeve, because the D2 likely will get 3.0 at some point and that port would be a near identical match (if I understand correctly that the devices are nearly identical, right?). So their should be far less bugs as the early ports of 2.1 and so on from dissimilar devices. Hopefully anyway.
  15. Quicksilver7714

From what I understand 3.0 has a hardware requirement of at least a 1ghz processor or faster. So you most likely will be getting the update first as with android 2.2.

Trying out Sprint for a month. Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk. 4G is pointless when you don't live in one of the few available network areas.
  16. Quicksilver7714

Yah that sounds about right. The Droid 2 is just a Droid 1 with a better processor and keybaord. Not much else that I know of except that the Droid 1 is absent of motoblur that is on the Droid 2, correct me if I am wrong.

17. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Well-Known Member

D2 has motoblur? DAMN...well that pushed back 3.0 for the D2 by eleventy-thousand days. >=(
  18. thexxoffspring

thexxoffspring New Member

I hope they can do something so we Droid oners can have 3.0. I'd really love to see it
  19. anuraj1

anuraj1 New Member

The minimum requirements that were reported for Gingerbread were only a rumor. A Russian podcaster randomly reported them and it spread like wildfire. Google employees responded that they weren't true, and the Russian guy (Eldar Murtazin) clarified and said that they were not the minimum requirements, but just what HE recommended for Gingerbread.

Here's one article about it, there are dozens of others talking about how this was a fake rumor.

Revisiting Android 3/Gingerbread details post. Some corrections, clarifications Unwired View
  20. bc predz

bc predz New Member

Yay

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App