android 3.0 os for droid 1

Android 3.0 should it be on droid 1 too?

• Should moto let the droid rest at 2.2 os?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Should moto allow the droid to get it first 1.0 os complete to get beyond from 2.0 to 3.0 os?

• Do you really want to rooted/jailbreak for next update?

• I dont care.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

angler1

Reaction score
As, we speak users on motorola site is trying to promote enough users to so motorola and verizon pushes out 3.0 os for the original verizon droid. Here is the link below that indicate that users that dont want to go rooting is having another discussion for maybe it last update.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/197765#197765

I guess I will just follow the link becaause I don't understand a word you just said.:icon_eek:

bishoy

Reaction score
although it would be nice, its probably not realistic. at least not an official 3.0 ROM from vzw/moto. the stock specs just wont cut it.

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Its kinda iffy at this point whether or not Motorola would consider the Droid 1 to be upgraded to 3.0 They may not want to, but Google might want them to, you know considering its considered a developer's phone. Motorola might not even upgrade the Milestone to 2.2, just the Droid. Which is most likely due to Google playing a huge part in that. So who knows, Google might want them to upgrade it, or maybe they wont. All I know is I would love 3.0 on my Droid, but I can live with a custom ROM.

pepsi149

Reaction score
let 3.0 go to the newer more powerful phones and let us have 2.2 and all the joy of 3.0 in fun...you will never stop droid 1....

Jmart922

Reaction score
I think the droid should be allowed the gingerbread update, now whether The Droid can handle all the features that comes with the software is a different question. Gingerbread is suppose to give android a complete UI makeover, and I am for one want that new experience, so developers and repackage it and make it even sweeter! These updates is what gives my phone new life so to speak, considering that its old by todays standards. Future updates after gingerbread, well I would be less surprised to receive them on my Droid,

Reaction score
Wow this thread has so many problems

First off what are you scared about rooting your droid? The droid 1 is basically the hardest phone to "brick" and only like one has been confirmed bricked.

Second, you are talking about a RUMOR that google dismissed as fake like a month or more ago. As far as it is known Gingerbread is coming to the Droid 1. Though Verizon is trying to push some people into an early upgrade and get them on the X or D2, the D1 is the highest sold Android device to date. No way they wouild be dumb enough to give up on all those people.

Third, when did google ever say Gingerbread was called 3.0? It could be 2.3 or 2.5. All we know is it is going to be called Gingerbread. You are yet again pulling info from an disproven rumor.

So yeah before you start crying about something that you wont have for prob atleast 6 months when no solid information has been released about this update.

Confirmed info:
-Called Gingerbread
-"Supposed" to release before Halloween (Hold your breath)
-While Froyo was to speed up your phone, Gingerbread is to be a UI experience upgrade
-HTC has confirmed that they will still have Sense UI on their Gingerbread phones.

OP
add119

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
From what i read here a post saying that google is working on android 3.0 os. And if u being a google fan since 2008 u know that next one will be a number ahead of the other os up by 1. Every year

Android 1.0 introduced in google g1 in oct 2008
Android 1.1 g1/htc magic in march 2009
Android 1.5 in may for g1/htc magic late may 2009
Android 1.6 in october 2009 for g1/mytouch users at the time.
Android 2.0 os in nov 6th 2009 on droid
Android 2.0.1 os in dec 10th 2009
Android 2.1 os in jan 5th to nexus one first one to get the update aka google nexus one.
Android 2.2 os came out as roll out update google nexus one in june 28th then htc desire in july 31st as the second device to get it. After that month . Phones like droid,htc evo,htc desire got the update and more devices as the weeks pass by will get the updates too.

Link of showing that google is working on android 3.0 os aka gingerbread >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Techtree.com India > News > Software > HTC promises Sense UI on Windows 7, Android 3.0
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So next update wont be android 2.3 or 2.5 it will be android 3.0 os.

FYI verizon still selling droid and everytime someone see me wth it. They tell me there going to buy it. As i show off my flash content, watching tv show/movies in fancast.com

I think for us droid users android 3.0 os can be last update. Due to limitation beyond that update, we might end up needing to root our phones to get past 3.0 os because of verizon/moto.

Russ2387

Reaction score
rooting or not. It does not mean D1 can handle the next upgrade {whatever it is called}. it has hardware limitations. a os upgrade does not upgrade hardware. new phones coming out have better chips and the new os will likely be designed for that. although i do hope it can handle it and or someone here can port a rom for us.

joscon

Reaction score
Big fat NO!
As mentioned earlier in this thread, 3.0 is built for hardware with a minimum of 1Ghz processor.

Your first gen Droid, un-rooted, is 550Mhz. So it isn't going to happen.

OP
add119

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
You mean 600 mhz with 2.2 os I check my phone cpu it say 600 mhz not 550mhz like 2.1 os. I before moto underclock 550 mhz bump it up to the original 600 mhz that chip had.

OP
add119

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Russ fyi if iphone get update since iphone3g and can handle 4.0 ios. I think our droid can handle 3.0 os. Is just bs from verizon. Google is going to happen make a deal to carrier to support the phone from 2.2 os until 4.0 os or at least 3.0 os. This the main reason why iphone user are always going to be happy with there phones.