Android 2.3?

OwlD2G

Reaction score
I think I'm running Android 2.2 on my Droid 2 Global. Where can I download Android 2.3 & upgrade?

Thank you.

OwlD2G

kptphalkon

Reaction score
If it ever gets released as an Over The Air update.

OTAs from verizon/motorola are notoriously slow to be released it seems.

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
They are skipping to 2.4 due to optimization for dual and single core phones.

Sent from somewhere...

kptphalkon

Reaction score
It seems like 2.4 will be a necessary update when devs start pushing out dual core capable apps, if what Ive read about single core phones running 2.2 is true. So hopefully most if not all phones will recieve it post haste, coinciding with the bionic release, among others.

This is still all speculation lol.

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my Fission 2.4.3 D2G

TwoBuells

Reaction score
I have a Moto Droid 1 that is not activated. I use it on WiFi only. I just flashed Chevy01's Simply Stunning SS 5.0 GB ROM!

Real Smooth! Great Options! Power Controls in the pulldown menu! The ROM makes my Droid as smooth if not smoother than my D2G. I can’t wait to have a GB ROM for my D2G.

I might even turn off the D2G and activate my Droid for a while!

Last edited:

boostedhonda

Reaction score
I think I'm running Android 2.2 on my Droid 2 Global. Where can I download Android 2.3 & upgrade?

Thank you.

OwlD2G

No one really answered your question but as of right now there are no gingerbread (2.3) Roms for your phone, but there are some developmers currently working on it.

Sent From My Blurless Droid X

gilmourd

Reaction score
As I understand it, there is encryption at the bootloader level. All the custom roms we have so far are build on top of the kernel code build by motorola. One way or the other, I guess we have to wait for the kernel for 2.3 (or 2.4) to drop to get Gingerbread on to the D2G.

zero7404

Reaction score
And actually, statistically, Motorola and Verizon have been the fastest to release OS upgrades for their Android device. With the exception of 2.3, they were averaging about 2 months after the source code was released from Google.

Report: Verizon Updates Android Phones the Fastest, HTC Tops Manufacturers List - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

we're nearing the end of march. more than 3 months since the last update. must be motorola draggin' their arse to get their overlays into gingerbread (2.3/2.4) ....

have not seen any talk about the next update for this phone for some time, nor any news about it on the web .... i feel abandoned

kickasz23

Reaction score
as of now no1 is getting 2.3, we will be update to 2.4 which also will be gingerbread.

Asphyx

Reaction score
I'm not even sure they have finished the 2.4 version yet so they would have no way of knowing when it might be released.

Even after Google has an RC of 2.4 ready it will still take at least a month more for the carriers to install and test all the crapware they intend to add to it.

SO I wouldn't put myself into breath holding mode anytime soon.

Good news is someone claims to have cracked the Bootloader encryption key for signing SBFs as Moto.

Koush (of clockworkmod recovery fame) calls it bull but if it is true then it won't matter when VZW and Moto finally get around to releasing 2.4 because you will all have flashed by then either with Cyanogen or some other flavor of it.