Android 2.3 has been out a week and nothing

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by alucard9114, Dec 14, 2010.

1. alucard9114

alucard9114 New Member

Where is the gingerbread roms or themes or anything?dancedroid:icon_ banana::icon_evil:
  2. kingsway8605

kingsway8605 New Member

The sdk had been out a week, not the source code. Nobody is going to build a stable rom without the source code.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  3. Cedrice

Cedrice New Member

how much we have to wait for it ?
  4. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

No phones have been released with Android 2.3 (yet), the source hasn't been released for Android 2.3 yet.....

The only thing released so far has been the SDK which allows developers to develop applications for 2.3. It comes with a crippled system.img for the Android emulator of 2.3 but not something you can build anything more than a "something to play with ROM".

Wait until source is released, once it is, expect a ROM to be compiled shortly after.
  5. droidcruzer

droidcruzer New Member

Some ROMs have pieces of gingerbread. Specifically the keyboard and/or market. Even if the ROM doesn't have those though, there are plenty of apks out there where you can load them after flashing a custom ROM. I for one like the new market, and I love the version of the gingerbread keyboard that I am using. IF any phones actually have 2.3, they are NEW phones that have been JUST RELEASED. Don't expect an OTA any time soon because you have to remember that the purpose is to get you to buy a new phone with the "bigger, better crayon set" instead of just downloading a free OTA to 2.3 or getting a free custom ROM that is 2.3 for your phone. Until a release for 2.3 is sent out for existing phones, just keep an eye on the different forum sites for whatever pieces of 2.3 become available for you to load (at your own risk of course) on your custom 2.2 ROM.
  6. bigjonmoo73

bigjonmoo73 New Member

I'm looking forward to 2.3 and the whole gingerbread phenomenom!