Android 2.3 Gingerbread

vince4255

Reaction score
When will Android 2.3 be released to the public?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well to tell you the truth I havent seen an offical release date but I am hoping it will be released in february or maybe march. You can root and run Most of the gingerbread rom. Just read a lot before rooting. It will be nice for an OTA update to be released with the 2.3 GB OS

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
no confirmed date yet, but i believe there are some ROMs coming out soon that are 2.3..from what i've heard.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
the most accurate time estimate i heard was the week of Christmas when they said "2.3 will be available OTA on the Nexus One in the coming weeks".

UNC

Reaction score
GB is already out, I don't think it will ever be released for Droid, but I am pretty sure the OS has already hit.

There are a few GB roms for the Droid already, but they are still a little buggy. CyanogenMod 7 nightlies are GB, as is the new Ultimate Droid, and Liquid Gingerbread.

deputc26

Reaction score
Yah it's already been released, if you're talking about an update for a specific phone let us know which phone you mean.

Eschy

Reaction score

Leonius

Reaction score
Cyanogen has nightly builds of Gingerbread at the moment. The gyroscope doesn't appear to be working yet, but otherwise I haven't had any problem with the builds.

OP
V

vince4255

Reaction score
I have the original Droid, so just wondering when or if 2.3 will ever reach the original Droids? Also my bro has the Droid X and he hasn't gotten an update yet. Thanks everyone for the help.