Android 2.3.3

luv2golf

Reaction score
Android 2.3.3 announced with more developer-friendly access to NFC

The Android versions keep on rolling today with the introduction of a new build in the 2.3 Gingerbread line -- 2.3.3 this time -- that improves developer access to the platforms newfound NFC capabilities as first seen on the Nexus S. What's new, exactly? Well, there's a new NFC read / write API that Google alleges will let you access pretty much any NFC tag on the market today, better control over what happens when a tag comes within range of the device, and "limited support" for peer-to-peer NFC communication -- something Stanford cobbled together for the Nexus S not long ago. The new build is available now to developers using the Android SDK; no devices have received an update yet, but we'd imagine the Nexus S is queued up to get it before too long.

Credit Engadget

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cool, so they are already releasing updates to the OS that nobody even has... LOL

Yes, I know that the Nexus S has it, but that's the point, Google is the only one to have it.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
LOL....I have been waiting for this to come out. I am considering flashing back to stock just to get the update....make backup with 2.3.3 and then flash back to liberty.

Weird right?