Android 2.2

codemonkey2k5

Reaction score
There was also something about 2.2 being able to project the screen images directly to your ocular implants thus allowing you to keep the device in your pocket. The best part of that is that since you are not using the screen the battery life is much better.

CM

plvaulter06

Reaction score
2.2 will have a embedded native app that will projects an actual light saber fully capable of chopping stuff in half.

Testers complain this app significantly reduces battery life.

devorsam

Reaction score
i may be wrong but im pretty sure google said themselves that froyo would be on the droid in june, since its unofficially on the nexus im sure well see it on the droid in a couple days

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i may be wrong but im pretty sure google said themselves that froyo would be on the droid in june, since its unofficially on the nexus im sure well see it on the droid in a couple days

wow you're very optimistic eh? lol i'm thinking more like a month......

Orion223

Reaction score
Whaddya guys mean no bluetooth dialing... I used to use my Droid with a BT headset (not so much recently), and I'm pretty sure I could dial by pressing the button on the BT headset, and saying "Call Joe Jabronie"

That was stock 2.0 too...

Link/PROOF or BE GONE, KNAVE :iphone:

devorsam

Reaction score
Do you guys not realize the rate these devs work, I got the n1 rom to boot, fcs all around but it booted, I know koush is working on something and rainabba said he knew of several that were in development as well, I give it till Thursday or Friday before we all have android 2.2 on our phones,also I can confirm it will be officially on the droid via big red in june, I'm working on getting a beta rom but I don't think that's gonna happen, you all have little faith in this community, disappointment, oh well, I guess you don't wanna get ur hopes up to (slim chance) get them shot down

myersguy

Reaction score
Whaddya guys mean no bluetooth dialing... I used to use my Droid with a BT headset (not so much recently), and I'm pretty sure I could dial by pressing the button on the BT headset, and saying "Call Joe Jabronie"

It only works with the mic on the phone not with the BT headset so I guess it is possible that if you were close enough to the phone that you could get it to dial. It has been a missing feature since the beginning and a big complaint by many people.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

If you use a Blue Ant Q1 you can dial hands free, but you do it off the headset not the Droid. It "remembers" speed dials so you need to remember which ones you have set. Not as effective as true voice dialing.

Affliction17

Reaction score
Ok here is my problem basic I made the mistake and upgraded to android 2.2 and now I have decided that I want to root my motorola droid so I can run froyo or other custom roms and overclock my processor. Is there anyway to revert back to upgrade 2.1 so I can then root my phone. I have searched everywhere and all of the rooting instructions I find are for android 2.1 so am I screwed and just going to have to wait until someone can crack 2.2? or is there hope?

microsnook

Reaction score
Ok here is my problem basic I made the mistake and upgraded to android 2.2 and now I have decided that I want to root my motorola droid so I can run froyo or other custom roms and overclock my processor. Is there anyway to revert back to upgrade 2.1 so I can then root my phone. I have searched everywhere and all of the rooting instructions I find are for android 2.1 so am I screwed and just going to have to wait until someone can crack 2.2? or is there hope?

2.2 should already be rooted. (at least the latest) and if its not, then you can do an update.zip to have root.

Affliction17

Reaction score
I think you might have me misunderstood see I just have the normal stock android 2.2 installed and I never tried to root it before basicly is there a way to root my motorola droid with android 2.2

antron007

Reaction score
I think you might have me misunderstood see I just have the normal stock android 2.2 installed and I never tried to root it before basicly is there a way to root my motorola droid with android 2.2

Where did you get 2.2? I'm pretty sure its only available for testers and out in roms.

:: sniffing ::
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk