Android 2.2

droidstarr

Reaction score
I wonder if there could be such thing as a full 3-D OS. Now that'll be something.

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Full voice and thought command with 3-D holographic screen projection , but must have tiny implant inserted under skin behind earlobe . Truly a Droid then .

masters

Reaction score
If anyone is waiting for 2.1, they are waiting by choice since the ESE53 is already everywhere..

I wish Flash and Bluetooth voice dial would be leaked or found..

I don't understand why someone can't write an app for Bluetooth voice dial.. Does it really have to be IN the os?

As for Flash, that should/would open up the possibilities of many new apps and VIDEO! I want flash video to work on all the sites I frequent, or at least HTML5 video..

OP
christim

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
not sure they might even bother with 2.2 ... 3.0 is in development ...

what i'm not fond of is how Google has been 'biased' with updates for certain phones. the nexus one has been out a while, ok, so why doesn't the 2.1 update for droid provide us with the same features the nexus one has ? because they don't want droid owners to have it.

you know, android would be a lot more popular if the releases pushed to various phones all had the same features included across the board (2.1 Droid = 2.1 Nexus One, etc. etc.) ....

it's still not a bad deal for smartphone users out there, because it's an evolving and exciting platform nonetheless and it's more promising than blackberry OS and iphone OS, imho ....

I don't think it is Google that decides which phones get which features. I think each phone manufacturer in conjunction with carriers like Verizon, decide what to roll out to balance niceties with functionality to minimize downtime of the phones and increased support costs to the call centers.

I fully anticipate running a build higher than 2.1, with more features, on my phone before I trade it in, in the fall of 2011 for a new phone.

I know I'll be running apps that don't exist today, but also think Android will be updated to allow even more apps and functionality to support upcoming apps.

However, I don't know about running Android 10.0 on my current phone:)

Darkseider

Reaction score
From what I gather and with the recent news from Google on how they want to stem fragmentation. Froyo will be a necessity on all existing Android devices in order for them to begin implementing their plan. So aside from legacy Android devices like the G1 and possibly MyTouch every other released within the past 6 months to current and future will receive Froyo. Beyond that Gingerbread may not become a reality on Droid unless some of out wonderful hackers/devs shoehorn it on to it.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum bonz! yes it will EVENTUALLY. trust me you'll be the first to hear if you hang in here :D just be patient :D

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why someone can't write an app for Bluetooth voice dial.. Does it really have to be IN the os?

More then anything else, this is the one I don't understand.

With so many states making hands free calling necessary by law, well populated states like New York and California, you would think they would be busting their gonads on something like this. But despite many complaints/requests, nothing seems to get done.

I thought when I first got my Droid that maybe it was an oversight until I discovered all Android phones were like that. I don't know if there is much hope for a fix.

Darkseider

Reaction score

More then anything else, this is the one I don't understand.

With so many states making hands free calling necessary by law, well populated states like New York and California, you would think they would be busting their gonads on something like this. But despite many complaints/requests, nothing seems to get done.

I thought when I first got my Droid that maybe it was an oversight until I discovered all Android phones were like that. I don't know if there is much hope for a fix.

Handsfree Bluetooth dialing is available in 2.1 on the Milestone but not on the Droid. It doesn't make any sense to me at all. Was wondering if some of the devs can take a look into it to see if can be pulled out and rolled into an upcoming ROM?

DroidxRage

Reaction score
Whaddya guys mean no bluetooth dialing... I used to use my Droid with a BT headset (not so much recently), and I'm pretty sure I could dial by pressing the button on the BT headset, and saying "Call Joe Jabronie"

That was stock 2.0 too...