Android 2.2 Problems

lacole725

Reaction score
Can't find anything specific to my problems after extensive searching, so I thought I would post it here. Everybody is saying that 2.2 is the best thing ever, but it is a major joke. My phone's performance has been reduced by at least 50%. I have not done anything to my phone such as rooting, etc. I simply downloaded the 2.2 update and it all started from there. My current problems:
1. When I lock the phone, any button I push can unlock it and the "slide to unlock" screen doesn't come up so I have taken my phone out many times about to buy something on the market or playing some video. 2. The phone decides when and if it will vibrate when I receive a message or a call, today it has been vibrating but tomorrow it might not. 3. I can not receive calls, kind of sucks when I am trying to get a new job. 4. My home button does not work so I have to use the back arrow to get back to home. 5. My background will not stay the same, I set it to one of the live wallpapers that the phone comes with and it switches back to one of the slate wallpapers. 6. The phone hangs up when turning it from portrait to landscape as in it stays one way for a while. 7. The browser is extremely slow.
I used to be proud to have this phone because it was so fast and it could do so much, but now it's just ridiculous. I probably have more problems with it but I can't think of them right now. I took it to the corporate store in Dover, DE and the tech said an update should be coming out around September 3rd to fix it. I got the update on September 5th and it fixed absolutely nothing, all it did was allow me to download the flash player. I also took it to a local retailer and he said I would have to wipe the phone and reinstall 2.2 but I don't know how to do it and I don't know where I can find a site that lets me reinstall 2.2, I can only find the initial upgrade. Thanks

OP
L

lacole725

Reaction score
My phone doesn't ring either, it will only vibrate when it decides to. I could have the volume all the way up and I will have nothing.