Android 2.2 Low on space

Zoolander

Reaction score
Hello, I did a brief search on here and cannot find any posts so here goes...

I have a rooted droid incredible running 2.2 (Froyo?). I have just recently been getting an annoying message saying I'm low on space (memory) which prevents my phone from syncing, push messages, etc. Meanwhile when I take a look at my memory only about ~30% is being used. I've seen this is a bug and there's something messed with the original partition of the phone. Can someone provide me with the necessary steps to fix this? I've gone through and tried to wipe the cache, however I believe this is only a temporary solution and I'd like to try and fix the problem properly (fixing the partition or one of the paths?). I'd rather not upgrade to the 4.0x OS as I'm perfectly happy with what I've got (unless someone can share the benefits of upgrading). My biggest concern with upgrading is I'm going to somehow mess up my rooted phone - I'm tech savvy, just not super comfortable with programming/ S/W changes. I prefer the "one-click" programs :)

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: I did a manual wipe of the cache at bootup and I still get the "Low on space: Application data space is low..."

Last edited:

Tclenney4

Reaction score
There is a difference between phone memory and application memory. Usually, DROID phones have their internal memory split in half for each thing. For example, my RAZR has 16 GB internal memory, and my applications only get a part of that memory, i think like 4 GB. The other is used to store pics, music, software updates, etc. So it may be that you have plenty of memory, but you are exceeding your application space.