Android 2.2 - Froyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We get the thread on topic and somebody wants to come in and throw it off track. Post got deleted. People don't want that goofy stuff they want conversation about 2.2. I want everybody to have fun, please don't make me have to start issuing infractions.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I don't want to read 138 pages...so...whens froyo coming out?
2.2 will not be released anytime soon or at all on the current Droid.

The unreleased 2 Moto devices will be the devices running 2.2 and they look to be releasing with 2.1 (not 100% certain at this time)

Those expecting 2.2 to be released prior to the launch of the Xtreme and Droid 2 will be severely disappointed. I'm not trying to be pessimistic but this is the reality. There is no way that will happen. The Xtreme and Droid 2 are exclusive 2.2 product for Motorola.

Sent from my Droid

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I don't want to read 138 pages...so...whens froyo coming out?
2.2 will not be released anytime soon or at all on the current Droid.

The unreleased 2 Moto devices will be the devices running 2.2 and they look to be releasing with 2.1 (not 100% certain at this time)

Those expecting 2.2 to be released prior to the launch of the Xtreme and Droid 2 will be severely disappointed. I'm not trying to be pessimistic but this is the reality. There is no way that will happen. The Xtreme and Droid 2 are exclusive 2.2 product for Motorola.

Sent from my Droid

Source? Proof? Screen shot or it didn't happen.

So many answers with so little proof, makes for an interesting thread, that's for sure.

Who was the mod that kept giving us bad 2.1 release dates based on their "sources"?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

Not to argue with my respected friend and fellow moderator, It was said specifically that the N1 would get it first, followed by the Droid. Not the Droid 2. These words were straight from Googles lips. If I don't see it here before the Droid 2 is released then I'll believe it.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

Not to argue with my respected friend and fellow moderator, It was said specifically that the N1 would get it first, followed by the Droid. Not the Droid 2. These words were straight from Googles lips. If I don't see it here before the Droid 2 is released then I'll believe it.

I with hook on this. It might not be released within early June, but I would say July is very reasonable. The Droid is more than capable of handling 2.2, so why shouldn't we get it?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree...i want flash sooooooo bad.

I'm looking for the speed improvement. I have done the "R" word so I know how it can perform. I want to see how it does with the update. And the other big deal of course is bluetooth voice calling.

Droid_3.0

Reaction score
I agree...i want flash sooooooo bad.

I'm looking for the speed improvement. I have done the "R" word so I know how it can perform. I want to see how it does with the update. And the other big deal of course is bluetooth voice calling.
hook im shocked i thought you said you would never do it well any way :welcome: to the rooted side :p

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I'm looking for the speed improvement. I have done the "R" word so I know how it can perform. I want to see how it does with the update. And the other
hook im shocked i thought you said you would never do it well any way :welcome: to the rooted side :p

He has gone back and forth a few times now. He is a tricky one.

kimsballs

Reaction score
Ok, so around the time of I/O I remember reading something about media streaming from your home pc. Is this coming in 2.2 or no?? Saw someone else ask 4 pages ago, but no answer. Does anyone know? Thanks.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I with hook on this. It might not be released within early June, but I would say July is very reasonable. The Droid is more than capable of handling 2.2, so why shouldn't we get it?

I won't repost what I said a while back but essentially it's business. We are already current with a great OS (2.1) and it's time for the new crop of 2.2 Moto product to begin rolling out.

They want your money and know you will pay to have the latest and greatest. People hawk their brand new devices on ebay/craigslist so they can offset the full retail price. Besides new contracts etc etc the full retail market is alive and well and what better way to get them than offering them the latest and greatest. New hardware is not enough. New Hardware and the shiny new OS will push a lot of people to sell their "old" hardware and purchase the new.

We see it here in action. "Oh my god I want this phone. I've just put mine up on ebay. I'll get 200.00 for it and get the online discount and only pay 200 full retail Woohoo!!"

There's no incentive to go out and buy a new phone and full retail if you already have a device VERY similar but offer the potential customer something that is exclusive to said product and watch them flock to it.

If you were running Motorola. Would you make the asinine decision to upgrade yet again, in less than a year mind you, an "older" model when you are going to release a few more new devices? Does not make any sense. They will be cutting off their nose despite their face so to speak. It's business.

They have done their job and updated us with 2.1. We can't complain about that. 2.1 is great and the Droid runs excellent on it. Today as we speak we are current while others still wait for 2.1. We are not the only Moto Android device and we received the big update (2.1) first.

There will be only 2 ways we will get 2.2 and that's it : )

I will post a giant bold titled thread in OT if I am wrong about this. You all can throw tomatoes and stones at me if I'm wrong, even send me nasty PM's lol

Read up below

http://phandroid.com/2010/06/01/android-updates-to-settle-down-to-once-a-year-says-andy-rubin/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.