Android 2.2 - Froyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You guys who say "worthless thread" crack me up. If you don't like the thread then just don't come in here. Nobody is putting a shot gun to your head.

Did anyone notice that the thread was stated by an admin? I'm not closing it unless they tell me to. In the meantime as I said earlier if you can't keep on topic and post something relevant to the subject then don't post anything at all. The more you complain the more irrelevant threads are appearing.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow. Is this thread indicative of all other threads on this forum?
I joined to find USEFUL information and all I have seen is whining, smart-ass remarks and folks getting entirely too butt-hurt over nothing.

Yep, this is my first post. Flame away...:icon_eek:

:welcome: to the Droid Forum. Sorry if you got a bad first impression, but this thread just currently have any new info and unfortunately some individuals feel that's a license to go off topic and say whatever they want. Doesn't work like that.

We don't flame in this forum, if you don get flamed let us know. You're entitled to your opinion, though I doubt you've read the entire thread. This is only one thread don't judge the entire Forum on a few post by a few individuals.

Busa Zlayer

Reaction score
Wow. Is this thread indicative of all other threads on this forum?
I joined to find USEFUL information and all I have seen is whining, smart-ass remarks and folks getting entirely too butt-hurt over nothing.

Yep, this is my first post. Flame away...:icon_eek:

:welcome: to the Droid Forum. Sorry if you got a bad first impression, but this thread just currently have any new info and unfortunately some individuals feel that's a license to go off topic and say whatever they want. Doesn't work like that.

We don't flame in this forum, if you don get flamed let us know. You're entitled to your opinion, though I doubt you've read the entire thread. This is only one thread don't judge the entire Forum on a few post by a few individuals.

Thanks for the welcome. I have actually been lurking here for quite some time so I have read the entire thread. Like many threads on any given forum, this thread de-railed MANY times and ended up deep in the weeds.

I was only joking about the flaming, I have pretty thick skin but thanks anyway. :biggrin:

I guess I'll just wait for it to be announced on CNET or Gizmodo.

Lord knows I don't want to ask any stupid questions on here like "hey, what's the latest on FroYo?"

R

Romple

Well one problem is there really isn't anything new on FroYo. And people are bored. Very... very... bored...

So when's 2.2 coming out guys?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well one problem is there really isn't anything new on FroYo. And people are bored. Very... very... bored...

I said the first two weeks of June. This is day 1. I have 13 days left before I admit I was wrong. :)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yea this is the biggest problem right now. Right when the Google I/O was happening, man....it was good times in the forums...lol So much new stuff to talk about back then. Now....its like......

R

Romple

Yea this is the biggest problem right now. Right when the Google I/O was happening, man....it was good times in the forums...lol So much new stuff to talk about back then. Now....its like......

Everyone got into such a high from all the great news. And then it's like "what now?".... <fidget fidget fidget postpostpostpostpost>

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mid June sounds good to me, I have'nt had anything to tweak on my phone for a while now....

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't want to read 138 pages...so...whens froyo coming out?

It's unknown; at best this month (I'm guessing the week of the 18th), but it could be in December.

The problem is that different sources have different information and that can change daily. When the Droid came out in November there was a PDF for the Verizon stores telling about the problems (camera not focusing, magnets in holsters might trigger Multimedia or Car mode) and that there would be an update in mid December. This happened on time. There was also a mention of an update in late January, but it didn't happen until months later.

In short, there is no firm release date.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't want to read 138 pages...so...whens froyo coming out?

..............SOON...............

Per Hook, sometime the first two weeks of June.

I'm not certain about that. I was when I said it a week or so ago, but now I'm not hearing anything which may mean it will be later. But I'll stand by what I said. If I'm wrong you can all lynch me. :)

GryphonD

Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

I'm not certain about that. I was when I said it a week or so ago, but now I'm not hearing anything which may mean it will be later. But I'll stand by what I said. If I'm wrong you can all lynch me. :)[/QUOTE]

Ooh, fun! :p

Hopefully very soon it will be out though given the track record V has of delaying things..... who knows.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopefully very soon it will be out though given the track record V has of delaying things..... who knows.

Again, don't go by what you saw with 2.1. That's not a "proven track record" release of 2.0.1 was right on schedule. Actually it was ahead of schedule.

GryphonD

Reaction score

Again, don't go by what you saw with 2.1. That's not a "proven track record" release of 2.0.1 was right on schedule. Actually it was ahead of schedule.

(Taking thread slightly off topic but...)

True Phil, though I've been with Verizon for near six years now and remember all too well what events took place with many many BlackBerry updates and events such as the once rumored to be all too soon to release, Blackberry 9650 or Tour 2...

Any ways, back to topic, I really do hope it launches soon as it looks to be a heck of an upgrade to existing phones. I am wondering if this will indeed be worthy of going back to Stock for the update or if it may be best in the long run to wait for it to be customized.........

Status
Not open for further replies.