Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
???
Speed central to Google's Android 2.2 plans | Deep Tech - CNET News

this link shows 5.8 ish thru linpack.

at 600(dont have a 550 slot)
i hit 5.8 constantly.

meaning this superawesome revolutionary JIT is what we already have.
and the v8 web engine we've had forever
although im sure theyve been optimized, i am beginning to think there might be a serious dissapointment to people who have already ran JIT roms.

It's actually a factor of how much faster. It's almost 6x faster according to that graph.

So at your clock speeds (600mh) on 2.2 you should see the high 30's.

boostdscoob

Reaction score
if you haven't tried my rom, then you cant speak. it is perfectly stable in my build, dont believe me, try it.
and Cereal, either im misreading the chart, or you are.
i think the chart is misleading.
stock mflops is around 4mflops, i believe.
the way i read it is that they are getting 5.8 mflops, whereas your saying its 5.8x as fast. correct?

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
It says "Factor of speed increase" meaning how many times as fast I believe.

froyo_performance.png

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
So if stock is 4-5 and your JIT setup is getting 10-11 then your setup isn't nearly as efficient as what the graph is showing for 2.2.

Of course that could be because the N1 uses JIT better than the Droid or something since the graph is most likely based on the test N1s that Google gave out.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
whereas your saying its 5.8x as fast. correct?
correct.......

There's a pic (Endgadget) showing the N1 at 6.98 on 2.1 and then at 40 mflops on 2.2.

"In our tests, we were getting about the same Linpack scores as the early reports, which was over five times higher on Froyo than on Eclair --"

Check it out. You will have to scroll down to see benchmarks.

Android 2.2 'Froyo' beta hands-on: Flash 10.1, WiFi hotspots, and some killer benchmark scores -- Engadget

boostdscoob

Reaction score
like i said misleading, but that would be nice, 20mflops at stock clock would be nice!
after thoroughly reading, it looks like the remote wipe feature is in the build, video ability to use the flash, and some other crap i could care less about..
overall, given that it is a 5-6x speed increase, i recant my previous disappointment

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think all the versions of JIT that we have access to now are based off of the incomplete/testing version that was on the N1 (disabled by default) so they have probably made a lot of changes by now. Can't wait until Cyanogen and other ROM devs get ahold of the 2.2 source. Mmmmm.

Oh it manages memory better too :D so add that to the JIT improvements and I'm drooling

boostdscoob

Reaction score
no, the JIT i use is from before the n1 came out.
there is source for google's JIT, can be compiled.. not sure how often its updated, but it could be a really nice version by now

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
boost...

Check it out. You are probably right (i.e. better version)

I didn't read the entire Wave but there is a lot of info from the keynote in there

Google I/O 2010

Last edited:

KevinJ

Reaction score
People are talking about wifi tethering being included, and there are concerns that Verizon might cripple that part of Froyo. However, did anyone think that not every phone will get the option?

I point you to the Android 2.2 Platform Highlights | Android Developers where it says - under Portable Hotspot -
Certain devices like the Nexus One can be turned into a portable Wi-Fi hotspot that can be shared with up to 8 devices.
Notice is says "certain devices." Now, I'm not one for paranoia, but that could mean that not all the Android-powered phones who get 2.2 will have the ability to tether. And that could be just the out Verizon needs to put the kibosh on tethering for the Droid.

Of course, someone can correct me, because I'm probably wrong and reading too much into this. :)

jtbnet

Reaction score
if you haven't tried my rom, then you cant speak. it is perfectly stable in my build, dont believe me, try it...

I've tried Your's and run Chevy's SS3.x Both with JIT enabled and Both are stable as a rock with JIT enabled! Linpack scores at 1000MHZ are 7.9 for me...

zeppelinmad4

Reaction score
I don't post here very often but I would like to point out that, from my days at alldroid, boot knows what he's talking about and is very good at doing what he does.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
People are talking about wifi tethering being included, and there are concerns that Verizon might cripple that part of Froyo. However, did anyone think that not every phone will get the option?

I point you to the Android 2.2 Platform Highlights | Android Developers where it says - under Portable Hotspot -
Certain devices like the Nexus One can be turned into a portable Wi-Fi hotspot that can be shared with up to 8 devices.
Notice is says "certain devices." Now, I'm not one for paranoia, but that could mean that not all the Android-powered phones who get 2.2 will have the ability to tether. And that could be just the out Verizon needs to put the kibosh on tethering for the Droid.

Of course, someone can correct me, because I'm probably wrong and reading too much into this. :)
Or it could mean that certain android phones simply are not capable of tethering. We know Droid can. Does Eris?

Status
Not open for further replies.