Android 2.2 - Froyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
As I have just used SPR to go to froyo, I can tell you that by making a backup first, if I had any issues I can go back to stock 2.1 with no issues.

In fact, while I only wanted froyo, I ended up rooted, wih froyo, because I hve the ninja and astro now shows me mnt/sdcard...

You will not leave your phon open to the world. Who was the source of this comment?

brock

Reaction score
whoever told you that needs to be slapped in the face. unless you overclock to some redic. number you wont fry anything.

tripp racioppi

Reaction score
Okay...I'm waiting (patiently..I think) for the OS 2.2 update. I really get confused when I read the postings on this forum when you power users discuss this problem and that when I haven't even seen the updated OS. This happened with 2.1...posters were complaining about problems; when I finally got the update OTA, everything has worked fine, no problems.

Are you guys getting Beta versions? Anyway, I was at a Verizon store Saturday to replace my daughter's phone and asked the guy helping us about 2.2. He said it was comming. I asked when...he said "I don't know, Verizon has told us"

I asked about what's improved and he basically gave the same info I get here, then I asked about the "tethering" feature to varify that it's the ability to use the Droid to connect my WiFi netbook to the internet. He said, yes...will Verizon offer it? "I don't know" will it be free..."I don't know"

so that's my contribution ... thanks for the interesting reads...if not confusing....r3 :icon_eek:

jdougal

Reaction score
Is anyone having issues with the phone locking up? It seems like whenever it attempts to sync the phone slows down to a bog and then locks up. I understand this happens as soon as you're done installing. However I'm on day two and it's continuing to do it. Any ideas?

jlnguyen

Reaction score
Re: Question on 2.2.

Lol, if you're rooted, you have no warranty. The solution? Unroot before bringing it in to vzw and all of a sudden, you have your warranty again. Easy as that.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As I have just used SPR to go to froyo, I can tell you that by making a backup first, if I had any issues I can go back to stock 2.1 with no issues.

In fact, while I only wanted froyo, I ended up rooted, wih froyo, because I hve the ninja and astro now shows me mnt/sdcard...

You will not leave your phon open to the world. Who was the source of this comment?

I still don't know how that happened to you. I'm moving this thread in with the other Froyo threads. This didn't need it's own thread.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are consolidating Froyo threads. With the new release of Froyo please comment on that thread. This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.