Android 2.2 Froyo and POP3/IMAP email

brooklyn2710

Reaction score
I have been wondering, has any improvements come in regards to POP3 and IMAP email on Android 2.2. I have been waiting for them to at least making it usable and remove the the "1969 bug" (bug that cause new email to show up at the bottom of the list and says the date it was receive was in 1969). Or at least remove the need to have to configure setting for hotmail or others pop3/imap email account?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Or at least remove the need to have to configure setting for hotmail or others pop3/imap email account?
Considering the various connection methods (including ActiveSync now) available with Hotmail, I don't see that being feasible.

balz4

Reaction score
Get the IMAP/POP3 feature for email hosting from the private providers than using free providers.For this email hosting the website thewebpole.com has the service called "email plans".From this email plan you can choose unlimited email plan(which has the IMAP and POP3 facilities).Additional features such as online folder for 1GB,deluxe group calender are provided with the service.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Get the IMAP/POP3 feature for email hosting from the private providers than using free providers.For this email hosting the website thewebpole.com has the service called "email plans".From this email plan you can choose unlimited email plan(which has the IMAP and POP3 facilities).Additional features such as online folder for 1GB,deluxe group calender are provided with the service.

thewebpole.com | WOT Reputation Scorecard | WOT (Web of Trust)
No thanks I will pass on a site that has to spam forums for customers. Plus gmail gives me all that and more for free.

To the OP, I use K-9 Mail with IMAP for 3 gmail accounts. No such problem here. Why not try it your self and see if it works?