Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
We already know that Froyo is going to be blazingly fast. We know that we’ll likely see Flash 10.1 loaded onto it and that Market apps should have the option to auto-update. And now…we know that it will include tethering and the option to use your device as a mobile hotspot. Yes. Sir.
No word yet one if carriers like Verizon will be able to disable this option, but this has to have you all pretty damn excited. Wifi hotspot for non-rooted users? Oh the possibilities.

Source:
TechCrunch
Android 2.2 Features Tethering and Wifi Hotspot | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

C5O

Reaction score
I hope Froyo is as good as we are expecting it to be. dancedroid

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
Violating vzw TOS. Thanks for ruining this for everyone else, I hope u get 18000 dollar bill :tinfoilhat: /sarcasm

yourname93

Reaction score
i think VZW will be nicer to us droids this update around and well be second or third to get it behind nexus and the incredible. hopfully they dont snub us again on a new launcher and they give us that one thats in alll the picks!

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Violating vzw TOS. Thanks for ruining this for everyone else, I hope u get 18000 dollar bill :tinfoilhat: /sarcasm

not sure what you mean here....unless you bring your droid into verizon rooted and they find out that way, then they cant find out...

I'm pretty sure you cant go over 5gb with their normal internet plan though, or they start charging...

JCo352

Reaction score
Well if this is included Verizon will 1) disable it or 2) charge more for it.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
disable all they want, we got some big brains on our side, who'll find a work around. Damn you verizon and your corporate nature

droid_mike

Reaction score
Well if this is included Verizon will 1) disable it or 2) charge more for it.

Not necessarily... they not only allow this for the Palm smartphones, but actually advertise it as a feature.

They could use this as a marketing gimmick to lure people from iPhones. Remember that Verizon will be going away from "unlimited" plans to a plan where you buy a "bucket" of Megabytes of various sizes that can be shared with all your phones, wireless netbooks, android tablet, etc. that are on your plan. Since with the "bucket plan", there is little danger of bandwidth hogs, there is no reason for Verizon NOT to market and promote such a feature.

wil318466

Reaction score

We already know that Froyo is going to be blazingly fast. We know that we’ll likely see Flash 10.1 loaded onto it and that Market apps should have the option to auto-update. And now…we know that it will include tethering and the option to use your device as a mobile hotspot. Yes. Sir.
No word yet one if carriers like Verizon will be able to disable this option, but this has to have you all pretty damn excited. Wifi hotspot for non-rooted users? Oh the possibilities.

Source: TechCrunch
Android 2.2 Features Tethering and Wifi Hotspot | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

Whoa whoa whoa whoa.. whats up with this 10x speed increase? W..T... I mean, THAT is what has me excited. Man, once the ROM dudes make their changes...

wow.. I'm excited. When is this due out? wow.... lol I was thinking of looking at an incredible, but now there is just no need, if this really is going to be that fast.

JCo352

Reaction score
Well I was just doing some reading , and I found out that Verizon has already stated that when tethering becomes "officially" available, they will be charging 30 dollars on top of the already 30 dollar data plan. I'm guessing this will take effect when Froyo is released for the Droid.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well I was just doing some reading , and I found out that Verizon has already stated that when tethering becomes "officially" available, they will be charging 30 dollars on top of the already 30 dollar data plan. I'm guessing this will take effect when Froyo is released for the Droid.

Umm that doesnt make much sense since someone could pay $30 or less and just get wireless for their laptop or whatever seperately..