Android 2.2 Calendar

OP
DarkNet

DarkNet

Reaction score
Here is the Calendar Widget I themed
vngmkj.jpg

I like it. A little bit to transparent for my preference but good work.

cj1896

Reaction score
Do we just push this to the phone with adb? I assume so but want to check

OP
DarkNet

DarkNet

Reaction score
That would work just fine.
If using adb you can replace the installed Calendar. It is installed under /system/app/CalendarGoogle.apk

using BB
adb push Calendar.apk /sdcard
adb shell
sysrw
cp /system/app/CalendarGoogle.apk /sdcard/ <- Backup working version incase of issues.
cp /sdcard/Calendar.apk /system/app/CalendarGoogle.apk
sysro

Other option is to use the barcode scanner and download it with phone and install.
I have only tested on Android 2.2.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I can't get away from the transparent look, I run LWP constant and like to see the background.

OP
DarkNet

DarkNet

Reaction score
If anyone has tried it, please let me know what you think.
Do the colors help?
Do they make sense?
Any suggestions?

mrgrim94

Reaction score
I think the best use for the widget would be to incorporate the next 5 items on the agenda but let us choose which calendars show up.

Joker

Reaction score
This looks awesome. I would agree with to at least include an agenda list for widget view. Just wondering do you have to be rooted to use this?

TIA

EDIT: Does this work with 2.1 as well?

OP
DarkNet

DarkNet

Reaction score
This looks awesome. I would agree with to at least include an agenda list for widget view. Just wondering do you have to be rooted to use this?

TIA

EDIT: Does this work with 2.1 as well?

Does not work with 2.1
You do not need to be rooted to use either. Just have access to adb or down load to phone.

ytwokc5

Reaction score
Installed Jorte last week. Sits on top of google calendar or you can use its calendar. Widgets that come with it beat pure calendar. And it is free. I cannot understand why it has not had more press on here. It is amazing. Running jorte on petes bb 0.4 .

No offense intended to the op.

OP
DarkNet

DarkNet

Reaction score
Installed Jorte last week. Sits on top of google calendar or you can use its calendar. Widgets that come with it beat pure calendar. And it is free. I cannot understand why it has not had more press on here. It is amazing. Running jorte on petes bb 0.4 .

No offense intended to the op.

I used Jorte for a while also. While nice it just didn't have it integration with the calendar and fluidness that I was looking for.

OP
DarkNet

DarkNet

Reaction score
I added Start Day settings to the calendar. This was also an issue that was bothering me. Having to use an external locale application to set my entire phone to a different locale did not go over well with me.
I updated the link on the first post if anyone wants to check it out.

colin_young

Reaction score
Nice. I just wish I could get your modified app to launch in place of the stock calendar. The start day setting annoys me also (it's uncivilized to start the week in the middle of the weekend, even setting aside the semantic contradictions of doing so).

OP
DarkNet

DarkNet

Reaction score
Nice. I just wish I could get your modified app to launch in place of the stock calendar. The start day setting annoys me also (it's uncivilized to start the week in the middle of the weekend, even setting aside the semantic contradictions of doing so).

In order to get my app to launch instead of the standard app I believe that you will need to replace it with mine instead of installing is side by side.
I have instructions on how to do so here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/55250-android-2-2-calendar-2.html#post591350

Mind you I have only tested this under DROID so there may be minor changes for your Nexus One. Always make backups.. the key to survival.

OP
DarkNet

DarkNet

Reaction score
Nice work. I would like to see where this can go, being that I think the calendar app is a HUGE fail on Google's part...

I don't think it was a huge fail. I just think they came in short on a couple key features that so far have turned out to be easy fixes.