Android 2.2 build FRF72 for Nexus One finally leaks

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Shadez, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +204
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One M8
    Twitter:
    @Shadez69
    Android 2.2 build FRF72 for Nexus One finally leaks

By Chris Ziegler [​IMG] posted Jun 19th 2010 at 11:52AM

[​IMG]

Its existence has been an on-again, off-again rumor for over a week now, but it looks like a new build of Android 2.2 Froyo for the Nexus One -- FRF72 -- is very real. It finally leaked in the past few hours, we've tested it on a Nexus One of our own, and as far as we can tell, it's straight-up legit. Get it if you dare -- it's up on Google's official servers right now, but if it's pulled, we've no doubt it'll be floating around on a bunch of mirrors ad nauseam. G'luck to ya, folks!

[Thanks to everyone who sent this in]
    [​IMG]Android Police
    [​IMG]xda-developers

Update:

Discovery

Good thing for our readers that I’m a night owl, and I happen to love my Nexus One, and love me some frozen yogurt. Especially together:
    [​IMG]

And now I have my T-Mobile[​IMG] Nexus One updated with the latest and greatest FRF72 build.

I just happened to be browsing a forum about the upcoming official Android 2.2 Froyo release when I see someone leak a URL for the FRF72 build that Google Employees were given a week ago. Someone at xda-developers.com seems to be the original source.
    Download URL and Instructions

Here’s the URL for the upgrade, while it lasts:Based on the filename, it appears to be an incremental build from FRF50, so you must already have FRF50 installed to use this new build.

I followed the same instructions that we posted here on AndroidPolice.com a few weeks back when FRF50 was leaked, and they worked just fine for me. After step 9, scroll to the top, select Reboot[​IMG], and go grab a coffee.
    For whatever reason, the first reboot after installing a new ROM takes forever. Here’s my timeline:
    (02:02:49 AM) rebooting phone after flashing
    (02:03:26 AM) nexus animation starting
    (02:05:52 AM) home screen shows up, swipe to unlock, and in the system settings to prove:

[​IMG]

Total reboot time was just over 3 minutes. Which felt like ages after waiting for the next Froyo build to drop.

What’s In The Upgrade?

We have no idea. We’ve heard rumors that Flash support was updated, and some improvements to make the web browser operate even faster. As we discover anything, we’ll be sure to let everyone know.
    Personally, I haven’t noticed any changes yet, but I’ll add more details here if I find anything.

Android 2.2 build FRF72 for Nexus One finally leaks -- Engadget

2. HarshReality

HarshReality Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Better if this gets out for the Droid >:)

3. lethalpimp

lethalpimp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    pretty sure we can use this on droid.

4. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +22
    Nope. This is a Nexus build. We need to wait for the next Droid build to leak. There is a difference.

5. jroc

jroc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +61
    More Froyo. Bring it on. New phones, software updates.....:icon_ banana: