Android 2.2 already in testing, new features highlighted

bodean

Reaction score

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Before this thread is closed, it's worth noting that the FM Radio feature is already supported on the Incredible running 2.1.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Great News!

Great News.... except... now we get to go thru the whole anticipation cycle that we just went thru with 2.1 (although, hopefully someone will post it on a server and we can update like we did for 21. as opposed to waiting for the OTA update.. worked great!)

I am most anxious for Adobe Flash 10.1 If anyone knows a way to snag it before 2.2, I'd love it! Not sure whether something in 2.2 (like more RAM) is necessary for Flash 10.1 thus the wait/update or what.

Still loving the Droid except for when I was over in Europea couple of weeks ago where Verizon coverage for the Droid does not work :-( Verizon's deal with Skype did not help any so I could not use Wi-Fi to make calls (thankfully I had my PC with Cisco voip with me... was hard to fit in my pocket though.

OP
B

bodean

Reaction score
Before this thread is closed, it's worth noting that the FM Radio feature is already supported on the Incredible running 2.1.

Why would this thread close? Isn't "ANDROID NEWS" important to you and this forum?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thats 7.....................

ShowTime

Reaction score
They're acvtivating my color trackball? Sweet! ..... wait a minute.... and really? The technical term being used is "crazy screen"?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The ram fix is N1 related as well.

OP
B

bodean

Reaction score
At least we know 2.2 is in development, and I'm sure we will see it on Droid (rooted or not).

iPirate

Reaction score
At least we know 2.2 is in development, and I'm sure we will see it on Droid (rooted or not).
If they are just N1 fixes I'd rather them not release a "2.2" there are too many versions of Android out :icon_eek:

eliassami5

Reaction score
if our DROID's were already capable of receiving radio frequencies then wouldn't you think that we would already have radio on our phones? These are nexus 1 updates but its likely some of the stuff listed could be included in our 2.2 update. Like flash 10.1 and the mozilla browser

cb2000a

Reaction score
The DROID has a fm transmitter/receiver chipset. There are devs trying to activate it. There are posts on this on Alldroid.

hollowbox

Reaction score
I can't believe how badly motorola and verizon have dropped the ball on this. I've had my phone for four months and have only received two updates, and now I've been waiting on 2.2 for at least 48 hours since I first heard about it. What type of bumbling idiots do they have working for them that this has not been worked out for the droid yet. I guess I'm just going to root.