Android 2.2.1. Stock...No Root?

MisterHTC

Reaction score
Sooooooo I'm guessing I'm kind of screwed cause I got it today....brand new and it came with 2.2.1...........

OP
M

MisterHTC

Reaction score
Sure...My phone came with a 2.2.1 android stock version....is it able to be rooted?

blazednova

Reaction score
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_ banana: this is where to look. and we have several complete sense 3.0 ports, as well as gingerbread.

i have been running bamf sense 3.0 for almost a month now and its just awesome. also we have kernels that allow tbolts to get up to 16 hours of battery life on the stock battery.

OP
M

MisterHTC

Reaction score
Are you sure it works with 2.2. 1 ? Everywhere I google, people are saying its impossible....

wesdo2gg

Reaction score
I've been rooting and jailbreaking phones for a long time and I've not seen 1 OS yet, droid or otherwise, that hasn't been able to be cracked. 2.2.1 is rootable. Read around here, you'll find PLENTY of info about the varying methods of obtaining superuser capabilities.

blazednova

Reaction score
Are you sure it works with 2.2. 1 ? Everywhere I google, people are saying its impossible....

let me clarify, when you root your given the ability to install custom roms/kernels/radios.etc.
ROMS are a way to customize your phone to the way you like best. many roms are based on different android versions, some are based on 2.2 and some are based on a leaked version of 2.3. when you flash, or install, a rom what your doing is removing almost all of the stock software i.e. the android version, bloatware, or other things that slow or restrict the true capabilities of the phone, and in most all cases what happens is you gain more features.

but you must gain root first before trying anything mentioned^
if you are interested in rooting i used this guide, it has a step by step video at the end of the post

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

Pretty much all the TB users at xda would be surprised to hear this... ;)

sent from my bolt