android 2.1

iwantadroid

Reaction score
i read that the new htc will run android 2.1 will it be available to the droid? i mean could you upgrade to the new os if you already have the droid or would it only be available for newly manufactured droids???

please? info would be appreciated thanks

OP
I

iwantadroid

Reaction score
will i have to purchase it or will it be available for free like the software update on the 11th?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
will i have to purchase it or will it be available for free like the software update on the 11th?
free of course :)

btw... my mistake OP... the link I gave you is for the update scheduled for the 11th (v 2.0.1)

Jan 22nd might be the 2.1 update you mentioned.

OP
I

iwantadroid

Reaction score
yes it was thanks a lot for the help good news then so it wouldnt be a mistake to buy a droid in the next couple months right?

you see i dont own a droid but i hope to get one soon and want to get as much info as possible so i dont make a mistake

so im guessing the droid will get the future os updates right

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Definitely... it's VZW's flagship... it'll get the updates. :) It's great as it is now.

If you get a chance to play around with one DO IT!... or you can always get it and return it in your 30 day window if you truly don't like it!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i read that the new htc will run android 2.1 will it be available to the droid? i mean could you upgrade to the new os if you already have the droid or would it only be available for newly manufactured droids???

please? info would be appreciated thanks

I think what you might have been referring to was the shot of the HTC that was leaked running the 2.1 update. This was on a phone that is not out yet, and the other droid units should have it earlier or the same time as that phone gets released. (If that's what your talking about)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This is the beauty of owning a Google branded phone. Whenever an update is released we will get it first. No need for Moto to adapt it.

Google is very happy with VZW and Moto you can be assured of that : )

We haven't seen nothing yet.