Android 2.1 Update Rolls Out For Motorola Droid!

JCo352

Reaction score
So if the update.zip does come up, would I use the same process as if I was rooting?

D

dezidez87

Wouldnt i have to have it unstalled in order to 'pull it'?
I tried forever ago to root my Drizzy and use some ROM (is that what its called?) or build of 2.1 and it was all too much for me. So I havent messed with anything like that since.
I'm sorry, ladies, but I can say it was a fast update, so I guess that was good...
Anything else ya'll wanna know, feel free to ask.

Yes, one question: why do you center your message?

LOLLL
I have a serious question: Have you noticed any dramatic improvements?

NOOOT really. Even as the standard user, I'm kinda underwhelmed. the gallery is cool. live walls are alright. pinch-zoom was never that big a deal for me... I'm looking forward to setting up my yahoo acct, though.lol

crazy51guy

Reaction score
dezidez87...you can't just say you got it and not put up any proof bro! I call malarky! =] Well it's an hour after the update was "released" to several thousand people and I'm pretty sure if any member of this forum or any other droid forum got the update they would have posted by now, even if only to brag.

Sooo, I'm out. Night homies-

sin vicious

Reaction score
create new thread when update zip is released

The update.zip may be popping up shortly.......

If it does, can you please close this thread down and restart a new one with instructions how to upgrade. I already know how, but im guessing many here are fairly new to this.

kellex

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Need some help.

I need to know that those instructions from Android Forums actually DO work. I've got a guy right now with the option to update.

NERD01

Reaction score
I cant go to sleep waiting for this damn update, or if someone is gonna post it up here!!!

DIRTYDOGG

Reaction score
man i can't believe i'm still up constantly refreshing like a crack fiend waiting for his next fix lol good night people i'll be back on tomorrow zzzzz

I Feel ya and I do not even have the Droid yet and I be glued here watching also lol

But i have my pop corn and Ice tea so will keep reading and Hope ya guys get it so i can read all about it :)

joshuaclee

Reaction score
We're still going strong with over 1100 viewing now! I was about to shut it down, but then cereal killer said one might be up shortly. . . Wonder if he's talking about Theron and Kellex?

iPirate

Reaction score
Need some help.

I need to know that those instructions from Android Forums actually DO work. I've got a guy right now with the option to update.
IF YOU GET PROMPTED FOR THE UPDATE

The following instructions will greatly help out the rest of the Droid community who does not want to wait over the next few days for the update to randomly arrive on their device. If you follow them, you will be able to capture the update file and spread the love with the rest of us!
1. You will first see this message appear on your phone if you are one of the testers:
21update-screenie1-168x300.jpg

-Press “Install Now.”
2. The update will then download in the background.
3. The following message will then appear:
21update-screenie2-173x300.jpg

-You may press the home button but DO NOT PRESS “Restart & Install!”
4. Plug your phone into your computer and mount your SD card. You should now be able to browse the contents of your SD card.
5. On the root of your SD card, you will see a file called “update.zip”. Copy that file to somewhere on your computer like the desktop. It should be about 15MB in size.
6. Finally, upload it to a file sharing site and post the link to it on this thread.
7. Now, you can now continue the update like normal. To get back to the “Restart and Install” menu as seen above, navigate to Setting> About Phone> System Updates.”