Android 2.1 Update Rolls Out For Motorola Droid!

MaxBobcat

Reaction score
sorry, dezides, but you are useless to us now.

when you clicked restart you flushed whatever you had that was worth something down the toilet.

Rasjudah

Reaction score
I dunno why this seems like he most important event going on in my life but... I just woke up from a small nap here in central TX and my download was awaiting confirmation. Update is now in progress
:icon_ banana:

So you started updating without pulling the zip first?

Wouldnt i have to have it unstalled in order to 'pull it'?
I tried forever ago to root my Drizzy and use some ROM (is that what its called?) or build of 2.1 and it was all too much for me. So I havent messed with anything like that since.
I'm sorry, ladies, but I can say it was a fast update, so I guess that was good...
Anything else ya'll wanna know, feel free to ask.

You must be very proud .........

texasPI

Reaction score
I dunno why this seems like he most important event going on in my life but... I just woke up from a small nap here in central TX and my download was awaiting confirmation. Update is now in progress

I tried forever ago to root my Drizzy and use some ROM (is that what its called?) or build of 2.1 and it was all too much for me. So I havent messed with anything like that since.
I'm sorry, ladies, but I can say it was a fast update, so I guess that was good...

Yes, one question: why do you center your message?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

Send us a few screeshots.. how many homepages? <g>

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score

kevinkeiser

Reaction score

You must be very proud .........

I don't buy it...My first post ever on this site and its calling BS. Sorry, there has been like 1000 posts on what to do when you got the update. Pics, or its bologna in my opinion.

Kr4zexghost

Reaction score

Yes, one question: why do you center your message?

LOLLL
I have a serious question: Have you noticed any dramatic improvements?

bpad10

Reaction score
i dunno why this seems like he most important event going on in my life but... I just woke up from a small nap here in central tx and my download was awaiting confirmation. Update is now in progress

so you started updating without pulling the zip first?

wouldnt i have to have it unstalled in order to 'pull it'?
I tried forever ago to root my drizzy and use some rom (is that what its called?) or build of 2.1 and it was all too much for me. So i havent messed with anything like that since.
I'm sorry, ladies, but i can say it was a fast update, so i guess that was good...
prove it!!!

D

dezidez87

IF YOU GET PROMPTED FOR THE UPDATE

The following instructions will greatly help out the rest of the Droid community who does not want to wait over the next few days for the update to randomly arrive on their device. If you follow them, you will be able to capture the update file and spread the love with the rest of us!
1. You will first see this message appear on your phone if you are one of the testers:
21update-screenie1-168x300.jpg

-Press “Install Now.”
2. The update will then download in the background.
3. The following message will then appear:
21update-screenie2-173x300.jpg

-You may press the home button but DO NOT PRESS “Restart & Install!”
4. Plug your phone into your computer and mount your SD card. You should now be able to browse the contents of your SD card.
5. On the root of your SD card, you will see a file called “update.zip”. Copy that file to somewhere on your computer like the desktop. It should be about 15MB in size.
6. Finally, upload it to a file sharing site and post the link to it on this thread.
7. Now, you can now continue the update like normal. To get back to the “Restart and Install” menu as seen above, navigate to Setting> About Phone> System Updates.”

If this is what I'd've had to do, I never got the 2nd screen, fwiw...