Android 2.1 Update Rolls Out For Motorola Droid!

Rugbymikes

Reaction score
No update yet

I still have yet to recieve the update and wanted to know if others are out there. I purchased my Droid Incredible back in April.

I received some message several weeks back and took it to the store to show them and they said it was not the update.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I still have yet to recieve the update and wanted to know if others are out there. I purchased my Droid Incredible back in April.

I received some message several weeks back and took it to the store to show them and they said it was not the update.

You should take your phone to a factory Verizon store and have them flash 2.2 on your phone.

Rugbymikes

Reaction score
Store update

When I took it to the store several weeks ago they said I had to wait for the OTA push.

Am I now pass the timeframe where all phones should be updated and they will accomodate the flash update while I wait?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When I took it to the store several weeks ago they said I had to wait for the OTA push.

Am I now pass the timeframe where all phones should be updated and they will accomodate the flash update while I wait?

Not sure, but I just found a thread from Sept. 4th and a guy was getting the OTA notification way back then. Sure seems that the push would be completed in a month and a half. I'd call customer service and complain (politely) and see what they say. You normally get better tech advice from Customer Service. Sure seems that you ought to be able to have a factory Verizon Store flash 2.2 for you.

Good luck and let me know how this plays out.

Rugbymikes

Reaction score
No luck with flash at store

Bayou,

Took your advice and contacted tech support. They said to go to a particular store in my town to get the flash update. When I entered the store and logged in to get my name on the list for tech support, I asked one of the Verizon people if they did the updates and they said yes. After waiting 20 minutes, I saw a tech who said they do not have the capability. Not sure why I was even directed to the store. They suggested going to HTC. I went on their website and they don't even have the incredible on it. Now I am frustrated and have no solution.

BTW, my wife's brother is doing his official visit to LSU this weekend on a baseball scholarship. GEAUX TIGERS!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would suggest you keep trying stores until you find one populated with actual living breathing human beings. :) Then you can have your phone flashed!!

LSU has a great baseball program. Hope he finds what he needs. Tell him I said welcome to Baton Rouge.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

bd1212

Reaction score
Shouldn't they just give you a warranty replacement since it's in an issue that your phone won't update to the latest software?

lyco

Reaction score
Bayou,

Took your advice and contacted tech support. They said to go to a particular store in my town to get the flash update. When I entered the store and logged in to get my name on the list for tech support, I asked one of the Verizon people if they did the updates and they said yes. After waiting 20 minutes, I saw a tech who said they do not have the capability. Not sure why I was even directed to the store. They suggested going to HTC. I went on their website and they don't even have the incredible on it. Now I am frustrated and have no solution.

BTW, my wife's brother is doing his official visit to LSU this weekend on a baseball scholarship. GEAUX TIGERS!

I hate it when they direct the responsibility to somewhere else. I empathize with your being frustrated... happened to me a few times.

bizkit

Reaction score
i need to know how to root my acer liquid e droid please i am new but pretty good with computers so heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jolly

Reaction score
Try z4root from the Market. It should work. I'm not familrr with the device you're using but it's worth a shot.