Android 2.1 Update Rolls Out For Motorola Droid!

Discussion in 'Android News' started by danDroid, Mar 30, 2010.

1. vacfuzzy

vacfuzzy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Helix Launcher in the Marketplace works just fine if you're looking for up to 7 screens w/out getting rooted. There is the occasional Forceclose but it hasn't been too often to be distracting.Helix Launcher2 doesn't behave nice w/the Droid.

2. lmapp

lmapp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just for the record, there never was going to be 5 home screens. Neither the app drawer nor the number of home screens (still 3) changes with 2.1 .

On the Google Earth issue, after the update it just doesn't appear in the Market for some users. It doesn't seem to matter if you got your update OTA or downloaded, had ever rooted or not. Some people could see GE in the Market, others (like me) could not. The solution is a factory reset. That seemed to clear it right up, and now I can see GE in the Market.

3. Sweettooth

Sweettooth Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I assume everyone has gotten the update by now. Now someone needs to start a new thread for 2.1-update2. On the real though, anyone heard anything about this? Perhaps that will include the 3D app drawer, multiple screens, and other small fixes and they just didn't want to bombard the phone with a plethora of interface changes all at once.

4. Sweettooth

Sweettooth Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Nevermind, someone already did...

5. Circa Survive

Circa Survive New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Droid Firmware 2.1-update2.... I started it then it was closed by hookbill and I was told to continue it here......

I'm going to make some calls tonight to see if I can get anything out of Verizon/Moto. Worth a shot, even if we dont get an ETA. All I want to know is if it is coming at all, I dont care how long it will take.

6. etx_droid

etx_droid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Man you guys are nutso with the updates. What you wanna update every day??:icon_eek:

7. Circa Survive

Circa Survive New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You missed the part where I said "I dont care how long it will take." So to answer your question, no I dont want an update every day.

8. Speedy3

Speedy3 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone elaborate more on this. I've been double tapping, multi-tapping and everything else but to no avail can I see the thumbnail navigation stuff. HELP!!!!!!!:mad:

9. BrianV

BrianV Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Me and a buddy did the manual update, his wife did the OTA..... she has different and more LWP. .?????? any one else see or hear of this? ??

10. the5ilenced

the5ilenced New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe it was mentioned a few pages back, or 37 im not sure but i got the OTA update late last night (hawaii time) i noticed my baseband is the "C_01.3E.o1P" version after comparing it to other screenshots in this section i noticed many if not all were "C_01.3E.03P". Even on the Verizon support page it mentions C_01.3E.03P. Any comments?

11. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I have no idea about what LWP means, but I do know this. The manual update and the OTA are the same update. I don't know how many times this needs to be repeated but I'll continue to repeat as often as necessary.

The manual update was not "developed" by somebody, it's the exact same file taken off the SD card that the OTA puts on it. There is no difference.

12. dogwolf

dogwolf New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got the update. I asked my Droid to cook dinner. I even put the chicken in the pan and turned on the heat, wanting to be patient since I knew it was unfamiliar with my kitchen. When I smelled burning 20 minutes later, I came rushing back in the kitchen and found my dinner burnt to a crisp. The Droid just sat there doing nothing. That night I left my Droid in my bathroom and guess what? The next morning I came in and it was still just as dirty behind the toilet as the previous night.

This update is a joke.

Search tags for this page
actualizar i187 motorola
boeing visitornet
boeing visitornet password
droid 2.1 update.zip
mar dave grace gochuico
ø¯ø§ù†ù„ùˆø¯ update-droiddict.zip

signed-voles-ese81-from-esd56.fa406da6.zip

this softwaew update includes new enhancements and improveme
update droiddict
update-droiddict download